Laser melted subs

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Not tea bag eh? Did you like the handle on the coping?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The D700 EH is awsome!

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
RKM. What is your turn around time from bego? Those units look dynamite....what is the cost on alloy for the cad cast. Who is your distributor for 3shape. Thanks for taking the time to share your time and thoughts.
IV

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Turnaround is 72 hrs.I'll get back to you on the $ tomorrow.

Bought from Nordenta/Wieland

The gold crown I did took 15mins to scan/design and 20 mins to polish
Include the model work and it took me less than 1 hour labour to make a full gold. crown

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My lab completely changed yesterday.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am about to revisit the laser melted subs thing. Will be doing a few in the next couple of weeks.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Turnaround is 72 hrs.I'll get back to you on the $ tomorrow.

Bought from Nordenta/Wieland

The gold crown I did took 15mins to scan/design and 20 mins to polish
Include the model work and it took me less than 1 hour labour to make a full gold. crown

So here we go:

cad/cast fee: $34.95 / unit
Begopal S (silver palladium) $16.09 cdn/gram

shipping and handling UPS $ 25

turnaround 72 hrs.

Aurolloyd M gold ( full gold crown alloy) $34.91/gram

Obviously it can get expensive if they ship one unit at a time however when you consider not having to order an ounce of gold for the odd fgc these prices are very attractive to me.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
That's my problem. I only have a few NP here and there and I thought laser melted subs would be nice. It just gets very expensive if I only send one or two.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
These are cad/cast.

If you want sintered or laser melted then I think it's about $17/unit for Chrome cobalt.

D

drock

Reaction score
scanning for slm copings

You have the 3shape scanner right? What parameters did you use?

That overextension sounds like you either have some number dialed in for drill compensation or margin extension or slope extension.

I'll be perfectly honest, you should be expecting the same or better compared to a cast.

What was amazing about the SLM/SLS copings that i've seen so far is that the tensile strength and flex modulus is higher than traditional casted metal - so I was able to get some copings to paper thin proportions.

- of course the down side if you needed to strip the metal, the metal would never survive it, but don't give up on the tech just yet - i am sure its a parameter issue.

Hi i have the lava scanner, i know we can scan and send our files to Bego but will Argen accept files from the 3m scanner?

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Drock, i am checking with my colleagues at Argen to see if we accept files from 3M lava scanner.

Best,
Aaron

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Drock,
I received word from my colleague Eric and he shared that yes we can work with 3M lava scanners and that there is a small amount if configuring that has to occur first. Takes less than 5 mins very easy process.

My colleagues at Argen Digital would enjoy doing a webinar with you and go over the laser melted process, stl file configuration / naming, etc. I can help arrange this if you'd like :)

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Adigitalsmile, have you seen our new Welcome to Argen Digital website? it has been updated and i think you will like what you see there. let me know if there is anything we can do!! all the best :)

We have been using Argen now for quite some time with the laser sintering. We have down I would say close to 5 to 600 units through this process. Copings come back very nice and little adjusting. We are using it through the 3 shape to do design and send through Argens website portal. Just wish they would upgrade the portal so that we can track cases easier.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Adigitalsmile, have you seen our new Welcome to Argen Digital website? it has been updated and i think you will like what you see there. let me know if there is anything we can do!! all the best :)

Yep been using the new digital website for a few weeks now. Has been a huge improvement with uploading the cases. Only thing I see as a recommendation to the process is showing an updated status with the cases. So that we can tell if a case has shipped or still in production.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Yep been using the new digital website for a few weeks now. Has been a huge improvement with uploading the cases. Only thing I see as a recommendation to the process is showing an updated status with the cases. So that we can tell if a case has shipped or still in production.

Thank you for the suggestion! I will pass that along to our High Tech division and IT depts. Happy to hear that you are liking the new web portal :) THANK YOU for your continued support!!!

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
We just recently tried the Compartis NP. And although initially, the first set of copings came back ok, we tried a production batch of about 40 and had some issues.

So just to clarify for Argen copings, this means that if I send copings by 3pm PST or in my case (6PM EST) they will be shipped out next day (end of day i assume)

So if I send cases Monday @ 5pm EST (2pm PST) does that mean I get them Wednesday Morning? or Wednesday Afternoon? Thursday Morning?

Also, those of you who have tried Argen, what parameters are you dialing in for your copings?

@eyeloveteeth
I know it has been a few months since your post and you may have gotten your answer but I thought I would jump in to confirm that when you place an order with Argen for any of our Digital products you will receive them 2nd day by 10:30am EST.
So if you upload files throughout the day on Monday until 6pm EST. You will receive your package Wednesday morning by 10:30am. Again this goes for any of our Digital Products such as SLM NP and Noble, a large selection of Cad/Cast Alloys, Noble and High Noble, WAX and much more to come!!! Thanks for posting the question! Have a great weekend!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just sent my first dpm files to Argen yesterday so I'm looking forward to Monday!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sorry Aaron, no Captek yet but still working on it.
It's still good to know I have that restoration in my toolbox when the situation presents itself.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
RKM were those pics taken from a digital microscope? if so which?