Laser melted subs

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I just started getting back some laser melted substructures. Love it! I have only tried the NP alloy but will be sending some off this week for the semi precious alloy. Right now I am designing split files with the sub and a full anatomic press over. So far the ones I have down were great. Very little finishing and great fits. Really makes porcelain margins a breeze with the press over. I am only using this in the posterior as well. Bego produced my NP units and I was extremely pleased with the service and time. Ryan at Bego has spent a lot of time explaining the entire process etc. Their wax units are very nice to work with as well. Easy to wax to if needed and very smooth surface which will also work with rapid burnout programs. I will be sending my Semi precious units to Argen. Bego does not print semi alloys at this time. I went ahead and set my system to automatically merge everything for laser melting. My computer is fast enough now where I don't even notice it. Just thought I would share.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I will post some pics of my results later this week. I took some pics of what I have received but they were geared more toward the press over.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I would love to see some of your results...I am interested in this process also.

E

emax

Reaction score
Have you ever try argen np copings? What is cost and turnaround time? Which scanner system do you use? Thanks

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Hello emax!! We, at Argen, currently accept STL files from any open architecture scanner (for example 3Shape or Dental Wings),and offer two materials: NP and Noble. Any files received by 3pm PST will be shipped out the next day. For more information you can contact Argen Customer Service at 800-255-5524.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
sintered or cad cast?

A

AaronR

Reaction score
laser melted coping technology

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Everyone I've heard who tried the laser sintered sub structures all hated them...please post some pictures!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm waitng for the cad/cast from Bego next month.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Argen did a great job with the first one we tried. Margins were superb under high magnification and fit was great. I'll have to look into bego.
With all the capabilities of cad/cam I want to utilize our scanner more but owners aren't ready yet. There would have to be a lot of reorganizing in the lab as far as what employees would do to stay busy. Has anyone gone through a near complete reorganization of employees and their tasks since a purchase of cad system? If so how did it go

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I'm getting CAD/Cast from Bego now. Very good quality, super service, and the price is right. Talk to Bill or Ryan. I'm doing 5-10 units a day.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks PCDL, My copings will have to go thru customs so it's 3 days , $35 cdn plus alloy.

Do they cad/cast custom abutments?

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
No, the cad/cast is only for traditional substructures, no abutments at this time. I do HN, Noble, and Full cast with the cad/cast, and once my settings were dialed in, the fits are great.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No, the cad/cast is only for traditional substructures, no abutments at this time. I do HN, Noble, and Full cast with the cad/cast, and once my settings were dialed in, the fits are great.

You are a ray of hope! Thanks!

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
We have been using Argen now for quite some time with the laser sintering. We have down I would say close to 5 to 600 units through this process. Copings come back very nice and little adjusting. We are using it through the 3 shape to do design and send through Argens website portal. Just wish they would upgrade the portal so that we can track cases easier.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
We just recently tried the Compartis NP. And although initially, the first set of copings came back ok, we tried a production batch of about 40 and had some issues.

So just to clarify for Argen copings, this means that if I send copings by 3pm PST or in my case (6PM EST) they will be shipped out next day (end of day i assume)

So if I send cases Monday @ 5pm EST (2pm PST) does that mean I get them Wednesday Morning? or Wednesday Afternoon? Thursday Morning?

Also, those of you who have tried Argen, what parameters are you dialing in for your copings?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm getting CAD/Cast from Bego now. Very good quality, super service, and the price is right. Talk to Bill or Ryan. I'm doing 5-10 units a day.

I just received my first batch.Not that great.I may need to dial in my parameters.

Can you provide me with your margin settings ? (3 shape)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score

Is this also a SLM or SLS coping or do they just cast a RP/Milled Wax up?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I just received my first batch.Not that great.I may need to dial in my parameters.

Can you provide me with your margin settings ? (3 shape)

What was wrong with your coping?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The fit was good but the margins were a bit rounded not as sharp as cast.
I think I am guilty of trying for an exact metal to margin instead of a slight overextension to compensate for less than ideal margins.

I like to cutback for a porcelain shoulder and I had a space under the metal( cement space too low perhaps.