Jensen Basic CAM. Old files

K

KIM

Reaction score
That is what I was lead to believe. So I am forced to either switch over completely, not sure as we sometimes try to block underlying color and Xt did that to a degree, or fire twice daily. It may not be an issue as there may be a quicker firing program for XT??? As it stands the 12hr program would mean firing overnight and then first thing nxt a.m. to keep work flow moving. My 2 cents
Mike: Jensen has just recently introduced a new faster 5 hour sintering cycle program for Jensen XT (For 1-3 units). I will have Nina email it to you. Also, the new DEKEMA 664 Sintering Furnace is becoming a popular option for running 2 furnaces with different programs.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Mike: Jensen has just recently introduced a new faster 5 hour sintering cycle program for Jensen XT (For 1-3 units). I will have Nina email it to you. Also, the new DEKEMA 664 Sintering Furnace is becoming a popular option for running 2 furnaces with different programs.

Kim, can you sinter more than 3 XT units with a larger oven ? or an oven with 4 or more elements such as the Mihm Vogt HT-S speed ?
Other than an occasional rush case, sintering 1 to 3 units seems like a waste of oven time during a typical work day/8-5pm

user name

user name

Reaction score
FYI...the shorter cycle isnt available for release yet.Banghead

I know the technical heads were meeting with the bosses last evening, and its close...but not yet.

Charles...its for sintering single units, splints and 3 unit bridges...as many as you can fit. Not just one at a time.

K

KIM

Reaction score
FYI...the shorter cycle isnt available for release yet.Banghead

I know the technical heads were meeting with the bosses last evening, and its close...but not yet.

Charles...its for sintering single units, splints and 3 unit bridges...as many as you can fit. Not just one at a time.
Thanks, yes you are correct User Name. Also, I have been told by the head of Technical that the programs are ready for release in the DEKEMA ovens.

C

charles007

Reaction score
For 1-3 units Hmmmm2
Now I understand Laugh

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks, yes you are correct User Name. Also, I have been told by the head of Technical that the programs are ready for release in the DEKEMA ovens.
Kevin...I just down loaded the shorter programs for the shorter cycles. Question- Why is it suggested to continue to use the longer cycles and just use the speed when youre in a pinch? is there some aspect that is pushing the envelope and more likely to have issues with the shorter cycle?

Also, would you clarify for me the difference between the XT short predried/unshaded 3.5 hour program and the XT short shaded 5.5 hour program? Im assuming the longer of the two is just drying time? Since we're staining them...use the 5.5 hour?

The reason Im asking is, when I met with Ryan, (unless Im mistaken),I was told to be using the 12 hour Xt standard predried/unshaded program rather than the 13 hour shaded. Everything seems great to me, but maybe I should be using the extra hour dry time?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Any speed cycle is harder on the ZI and the equipment. Will it work? Yes, Will the equipment life be shorter? Probably

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I also downloaded, but as john said unless a rush case is the need I will sinter overnight. I do not see the benefit of firing 5 units in 3.5hrs. I would rather fire 15-20 overnight. It only makes sense that running that oven up to that temp less times will lengthen the elements lifespan. My 2 cents.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Kevin...I just down loaded the shorter programs for the shorter cycles. Question- Why is it suggested to continue to use the longer cycles and just use the speed when youre in a pinch? is there some aspect that is pushing the envelope and more likely to have issues with the shorter cycle?

Also, would you clarify for me the difference between the XT short predried/unshaded 3.5 hour program and the XT short shaded 5.5 hour program? Im assuming the longer of the two is just drying time? Since we're staining them...use the 5.5 hour?

The reason Im asking is, when I met with Ryan, (unless Im mistaken),I was told to be using the 12 hour Xt standard predried/unshaded program rather than the 13 hour shaded. Everything seems great to me, but maybe I should be using the extra hour dry time?

User Name:
Sorry for the delay in response, it's "Chicago time!"....
- The shorter cycles available are for any cases that have 3 units or less. There is risk of cracking the units if you put anything larger than 3 units in a shorter cycle. You absolutely can load as many units as you like into the furnace, just make sure they are 3 units or less if you run the shorter cycle, hope that makes sense?
- Using accelerated cycles in any sintering oven will inevitably put more stress on the wear parts like the heating elements and thermocouples although there are more variables to lifespan than just this....
- The "Pre-dried" cycles you reference are to be used if you dry your ZR outside of the furnace before sintering. In most cases, we typically go with the "Shaded" cycles which vent the furnace during its cycle to allow the gases from the liquid to escape. You can place your ZR restorations directly into the furnace and hit "Go"...

Hope this helps!