Jensen Basic CAM. Old files

user name

user name

Reaction score
When a Puck has been used up, do you delete the file of it?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I do. But I have a bunch that I'm still holding onto cause I know a small abut or coping will fit.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Same here. No need to waste space, but if I think I can fit anything in the remaining space it goes on the shelf until it's used up. BTW, how are you liking the system? Do you intend to get Imagine?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Gru, I am looking forward to try Imagine.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im loving it. I suppose Ill try the imagine, but I dont like the idea of throwing another option at my Doctors. I think Ive got my bases covered with something awesome for every indication. Im more excited about Zublers new LD.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Hey Tayeb, Hope all is well! Keep us posted!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Ohhh! Now that will be interesting, user! Are you getting the trial kit?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Depends on whats in it. My e.max load has gone way down, but Id sure welcome no more gray sprue spots.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Have you intentionally reduced the e.max load by pushing other products? If so, what?
Gray spots? Pressing too hot?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I do. But I have a bunch that I'm still holding onto cause I know a small abut or coping will fit.
So...how do you go about it? When I open CAM, across the top left is File Edit View Settings Extras and Help.

On the 'Extras' tab, the drop down has 'clean up part administration collection'. Im hesitant to touch something I dont understand...should I click it?

Gru...I havent really been pushing anything, but when asked about a solution for a particular case, I do default to PFZ rather than suggesting e.max.

Gray spots..Im most certainly not burning my e.max. Are you telling us you havent seen the dreaded spot where your sprue was? The other thing Ive heard about Zublers new take on LD is that when the goo wraps around inside the mold you wont get any of that ghost line whee it comes together.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I almost never get gray spots at the sprue- or where the material joins together. Lucky, I guess??? I just re-checked the pile of recently pressed units, and no gray.
My basic cam software doesn't even have that under the extras tab, sorry, can't help. I didn't realize Jensen had changed the cam software.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I don't mess with anything in the software. If I find a puck with space I just click the file icon and find that puck.
I don't ever get the gray sprue spit. Just make sure sprue is attached directly on a cusp tip or incisal and flows "straight through" the crown, no hard angles that could be avoided.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I see Imagine zirconia being an upgraded newest generation FCZ, PFZ with a higher price tag.
Probably price the same as Emax/LD
Also see Zubler's new LD being an Upgraded Emax

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
And I'm also way excited for the imagine... Even though it is a ridiculous name :)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I do not get those spots mentioned on emax crowns, Zubler funace presses great. I'll be trying the new Zubler pressed ceramic soon.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I will be trying Imagine, I have heard it rivals Emax and falls between a Ht and Lt which is perfect except we'll need stumpf color to compensate for its trans. I never recommend pfz except where I cannot do monolithic. I like the strength of one material vs. a veneering material. A FCZ with almost 2 times the strength of Emax I am excited. Only issues I anticipate is different firing parameters for sinter, may have to get another oven... I am interested in talking with other users @ Chicago, maybe we can get an informal meet-upbefore the day begins on Friday. Say six a.m., I know that isn't too early as I see many users on here at all hrs. even when I get in at 3am. Maybe someone with better skills (computer)could start a thread for Preciso users? My two cents

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I do not know why you have to get a new sintring furnace, I have the Jensens Dekema furnace, I think I am all set for Imagine. As far as starting a thread for Preciso i think it is a good idea.I am up and early everyday, but no Chicago this year.

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Word has it that it will fire on the lavaplus program, and use their stains full strength as well. Should be simple after whatever small learning curve.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Yes you use full strength Lava Plus liquids BUT Imagine sinters at a lower temp than XT

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
That is what I was lead to believe. So I am forced to either switch over completely, not sure as we sometimes try to block underlying color and Xt did that to a degree, or fire twice daily. It may not be an issue as there may be a quicker firing program for XT??? As it stands the 12hr program would mean firing overnight and then first thing nxt a.m. to keep work flow moving. My 2 cents