Ivoclar inline

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have your answer...

You are possibly putting your build up brush to your mouth? Old skool techs did that a lot to control the moisture and refine the tip of the brush. If you have used mouthwash, sucked on candy or are chewing gum, your saliva can contaminate the porcelain and leave light opaque discolorations.

Another way this can happen if you are using tissue to wipe your brush or blot the ceramic, you must NOT use a tissue that has any moisturizer or perfumes. Just plain old tissue.

lastly, Ive seen some discolorations with InLine when opacious dentins are used. I have no answer why, but where the opacious and regular dentins meet sometimes will show some lighter areas.

Dosa Zsolt

Dosa Zsolt

Reaction score
I have your answer...

You are possibly putting your build up brush to your mouth? Old skool techs did that a lot to control the moisture and refine the tip of the brush. If you have used mouthwash, sucked on candy or are chewing gum, your saliva can contaminate the porcelain and leave light opaque discolorations.

Another way this can happen if you are using tissue to wipe your brush or blot the ceramic, you must NOT use a tissue that has any moisturizer or perfumes. Just plain old tissue.

lastly, Ive seen some discolorations with InLine when opacious dentins are used. I have no answer why, but where the opacious and regular dentins meet sometimes will show some lighter areas.

Hi,
The first thaught is excluded since I never put the brush in my mouth . I moisten the brush in destiled water.
The second one could be, but it has no perfume or moisturizer in it, we always use the same type of tissue , never noticed contamination from that.
This opacious discoloration I noticed with dentin A3, under that was no Deep dentin if that is what you mean.
what metal do you use for inline?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I used to use Rex III, Aurium Surebond 65SF, and Ivoclar Lodestar.

I quit doing PFM. I have much porcelains of several brands if you need some. PM me if interested.

Dosa Zsolt

Dosa Zsolt

Reaction score
In my furnace there is no predrying option , how is that possible? I only have quick opening and standard of the furnace head
according to the tech book its should have , does anyone has this model Ep 3000 gs?

A

adl

Reaction score
In my furnace there is no predrying option , how is that possible? I only have quick opening and standard of the furnace head
according to the tech book its should have , does anyone has this model Ep 3000 gs?
Where are you located?

Dosa Zsolt

Dosa Zsolt

Reaction score
I have to correct it te model is Ep 3000, not ep 3000 g2
I am located in europe.

A

adl

Reaction score
I have to correct it te model is Ep 3000, not ep 3000 g2
I am located in europe.
Where in Europe? If you can give a phone number I can call you, maybe figure something out

Dosa Zsolt

Dosa Zsolt

Reaction score
I opened the furnace head , took some detailed pictures of the inside, maybe that helps figuring out something .
The quartz glass has a crack , but the heating test gave out 100 %.
The vacum test was bad almost 80 mbar , but im suspecting that crack , can it suck air from that?
Other suspection of the stained ceramic , can it be from the used tray ?
here you can see what I'm talking about :
http://s149.photobucket.com/user/dosazsolt/library/fogtechnika?sort=3&page=1

On the tray there are lots of dark blue little spots , they are raugh at touching there are yellow spots as well and something similar blue too inside the head.

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Why don't you fire in another furnace and see what the results are? If the problem is gone you know its furnace related.

Dosa Zsolt

Dosa Zsolt

Reaction score
I tried it already in another furnace, the result was kind of the same.

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Try to take a picture using your phone. it happened with me once, we are heavy inline users, we use it over BEGO alloy and Argen for high and semi precious.

What materials are you using? only Dentine and TI? sometimes if ceramic is too wet during build up different materials may blend in a wrong way.. Anyhow, a picture will really help.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I think this may be a moisture problem. New porcelain, exacting buildup, probably results in having to add more moisture to your buildup to maintain the correct level. Where you add that moisture, if it is too dry will cause a disturbance of the distribution of particles. This often comes out as an area of distortion in the color often with a milky swirl.

K

kissdog

Reaction score
I myself when I started using in Line had huge problems, but from the time I spent the better interpret the results and change some methods got immediate results, I'll just share what I do in my lab ....- metal: Chrome cobalt .....- use opaque paste and use to dilute a drop of liquid glaze, opaque is much more enjoyable to spread and adhere much better to the metal and opaque bubbles that were frequent disappeared, also increased in burning opaque temperature to 950 degrees .............. pre drying time increased to 8 min ............ the cooking increased maintenance to 2 min bake ceramics much better and achieves better chroma without excessive contraction problems ...... Hope it helps

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk