Ivoclar InLine shade keys. 'Chromascope' vs. 'A-D shade guide'

VincentCeramics

VincentCeramics

Reaction score
Hey people, hoping you are all good in this snowy time ;)

After using Vita VM13 for 4 years and finding that is very hard for me to hit the color right i decided to go for Ivoclar Inline... after i went to look about the product i find that they are selling 2 different bottles....the standard ones (chromascop) and the A-D.

Now i dont know should i go for chromascop bottles or A-D ? (im buying few kits)

I kinda think that A-D is better key, modern, maybe im wrong i dont know.
is A-D improvised vs. (original?) cromascop

Are any of those two better? A-D or chromascop? And are those the same when it comes to reproduce the color you take from key.

Thx

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge the Chromascope shades are more suited for use in Europe. No insult intended, its just the formulation of the shades. If You do a lot of restorations on the elderly it might be best sutied for you. But I guess it all boils down to what shade requests you get. You should probably get that and then some of the most common Classic A-D shades to fill the gap. Do you do a lot of Bleach shades?

VincentCeramics

VincentCeramics

Reaction score
So the fact is that those keys (or bottles) have some different shades?

in that case i need to pick one that suit me the most.

I dont like the idea that i need to pick a shade from 40 colors..key (if u combine them)

I do some Bleach shade...for sure..i need that few shades.

Thx for answer

O

odchamp

Reaction score
How often are asked for chromascope shades?
Why don't you buy the more commonly used, and buy small bottles when needed of the other, so eventually you build up both shades.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
How often are asked for chromascope shades?
Why don't you buy the more commonly used, and buy small bottles when needed of the other, so eventually you build up both shades.

Ditto! Vincent what shade requests do you get the most? Vita Classic A1_D4;
Vitapan 3D or Ivoclar Chromascop? Are you getting A-D shade requests and filling it with 3D and the shades arent matching the patients? or are you being asked for Chromascop shades and using 3D and getting dissatisfactory results? I'll say invest un the shade system you get the most request for and purchase bottles the other shade system as you need it. Just like oldchamp said.

VincentCeramics

VincentCeramics

Reaction score
Ditto! Vincent what shade requests do you get the most? Vita Classic A1_D4;
Vitapan 3D or Ivoclar Chromascop? Are you getting A-D shade requests and filling it with 3D and the shades arent matching the patients? or are you being asked for Chromascop shades and using 3D and getting dissatisfactory results? I'll say invest un the shade system you get the most request for and purchase bottles the other shade system as you need it. Just like oldchamp said.

I was working by vita 3d key...with vita vm13 ceramic.

now i think ill go in the store with my father (dentist) to see both keys chromascop and A-D and then we will decide which is better for us.

thx

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
What shade category do most of your patients fall under?

VincentCeramics

VincentCeramics

Reaction score
I most have usual ones...3m2=a3...

but there are some from category 1, 2 and 4.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
If I could not get my Drs. to switch from the 3D guide to the Classic or Chromoscop guides, I would stay with a Vita porc. There are conversion tables on this site to go from Classic to 3D but its not foolproof and you are going to create more headaches for yourself than you may want. What I am trying to say is that if more of the Drs. that I work with used the Vita 3D guide, I would have a Vita porcelain system. Rob

C

charles007

Reaction score
Its very simple,,,,,,,,,, hide the Chromascope shade guide from your father :D
Replace it with the newer Vita Linearguide Master 3D-Master and also the Vita Bleachedguide 3D-Master for your bleached shades, this will add a few Interpolated shades that I receive all the time. The Linearguide is much easier to use !!
Or buy your father the Vita Easyshade Compact for Christmas :) and take a shade in seconds ......

If you have Vita VM13 in the classical bottles, and 3D shade bottles, and your having problems matching the shade, changing porcelain to Inline will just create more shade problems in the 3D shades, with less tearing.......not a very good trade-off in my eyes......

I don't see how its possible to have bad shades with Vita porcelain.... please explain.... or start another thread....... maybe some DLN members can help you.

Charles

VincentCeramics

VincentCeramics

Reaction score
:) The thing is like this: i work for 5 years and I only work for my father. I will not go in search for other dentists until ill be capable to reproduce single units perfect. For now im still learning how. And i dont wanna mess around with doctors and lose my credits. I wnna be certain that i can deliver every unit right, same color as natural or other crown near by.

So there is no problem for me to change ceramic.
Im really not sure how many doctors uses vita 3d key here but i sure know that there are only few labs in country that use Vita VM13 ceramic. And many labs that switched from VM13 to inline. I dont even wnna start talking about words online about VM13.

BTW New Vita Linearguide 3D-Master is nothing but funny, and a product for dentists that are unable use normal vita 3d key, and if they are unable to use normal vita 3d key, they shouldn't be doctors. Its nothing wrong with old 3d key and is very simple to use, there is no good reason for newer Vita Linearguide 3D-Master 3d key other then marketing, money etc.

I never had a problem using old vita 3d key, but i do have problem delivering shade right. Maybe im just layering it wrong, but hey im doing by Vitas manual :S :S :S :S

I must say here, i DO BELIEVE that is possible to reproduce shade as it should be ..with vita vm13. BUT i dont have tome to trying it out, and it seems complicated because its not like they told us in manual.

If i buy a product, i payed for accuracy, i didnt pay to have fun with it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
If youre not ready and willing to 'play' with it, then youre headed for frustration. No matter which product line you choose you will need time and patience to learn its charictaristics. I havent yet found the magical 'teeth in a bottle'. A couple things to keep in mind though, even if a crown matches according to youre eye in the lab...you probably recieved a shade from a Doctor (for now, your Dad),who is taking a shade under different light than you likely have in the lab. A crown will only match a tooth exactly under a specific light...Day or night, clowdy or sunny, indoors or out, flourecent, halogen, etc. My opinion..Pick a porcelain that: has a good reputation, is available with good customer support ( quick shipping, no back orders),and then learn it. A-3 might be a spot on match with the opaque, dentin and some incisal....based on what thickness? Its the ability and willingness to 'play with it' that gives a tech the edge and our value. We're artists dude. Otherwise youll just be a scan print mill machine. Now go play.

P.S. (inline)

user name

user name

Reaction score
AND...if you need a top quality light in your porcelain room, check out the desk top dimmable unit from Blue Max.

VincentCeramics

VincentCeramics

Reaction score
I am ready to play with ceramic, right ceramic.
I dont wnna use (struggle with) product that have bad reputation anyways. I think thats ok stand.

Dont get me wrong, im not that kinda guy that would like to spend 5 min on building a crown and goodbye. Im perfectionist, for sure.

I work under neon (day light - neon lamp) isnt that good? My father have that too.

Does ps. inline means that you tumb up the inline ??

Thx for answer

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hey Vincent. Ive been learning InLine for the last several months and I like it alot. Your lights might be okay; depends on the CRI (color rendition index) and the temp. The higher CRI the better, but I like to look at the temps. If you have access to an aquarium supply store you can get a good balance of lights. In my overhead lights I use a mix..Mostly 6500k, a few 5300-5500k, and a couple very low..the ones that look pink. back to porcelain...Just look at some of Als photos on this site. nuf said.

VincentCeramics

VincentCeramics

Reaction score
Thx for answer again user name :)

I will look up the info about lite you gave me, thx!
I did see hes pictures, you said it right "nus said"! Very nice results when Al is playing with Inline.