iTero scan implants

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just had a case show up...itero scan for an implant crown. Ive never done one this way. If I go through the normal Rx and order models from them, does the iTero model have an implant replica fit in it? I told the Dr I don't do implants from scans, but Im curious about the work flow.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Which implant system?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
The manufacturer of the scan body basically determines your workflow with Itero.

With A Straumann, you will get a milled model from Itero with a socket for the repositionable analog. You would have to order the analog from Straumann $35/ea. You can reuse them over and over.

With Atlantis, Itero will send the case to them and they will notify you when the case is ready for review in their 3D editor.
After you approve your design, the abutment is milled and Atlantis will send you the core file to you so you can design the crown. Itero will then mill the model with the die being a duplicate of the abutment that Atlantis milled.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Similar work flow as Atlantis for 3i Encode abutment scans.

user name

user name

Reaction score
The manufacturer of the scan body basically determines your workflow with Itero.

With A Straumann, you will get a milled model from Itero with a socket for the repositionable analog. You would have to order the analog from Straumann $35/ea. You can reuse them over and over.

With Atlantis, Itero will send the case to them and they will notify you when the case is ready for review in their 3D editor.
After you approve your design, the abutment is milled and Atlantis will send you the core file to you so you can design the crown. Itero will then mill the model with the die being a duplicate of the abutment that Atlantis milled.
Do you use the same analoge as with an impression technique?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
On second thought, they could be used with other printed models possibly. Not sure about other workflows such as 3Shape or Exocad. Maybe 2th could enlighten us.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
On second thought, they could be used with other printed models possibly. Not sure about other workflows such as 3Shape or Exocad. Maybe 2th could enlighten us.
IF, you get the stl file of the model with repositionable Straumann analog from iTero then you could run it through Model Creator to print. I haven't done any iTero cases in a few years so not sure they would supply the stl of the model??

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Print the abutment as part of the model therefore no analog is required.