Is this type of restoration possible in 3Shape?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
As the title says, I this possible in 3shape? All digital and in one 'setting'? I would scan Ti abutments and for now, it will be in PMMA. Would I need a certain module?

Thanks in advance,

M

Attachments

• IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 60
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Bump... anyone? Can I create ‘split files’ in 3Shape?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, and no.

yes, this is a simple 2 unit abutment bridge and 4 crowns. unfortunately 3shape doesnt let you design pink tissue on that. the pontics turning into abutments will be a trick of turning one of your libraries into abutment shapes.

its a lot of work.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
what I have done is... enter as four unit bridge and sculpt it to the contours you want, mill, sinter, stack pink porc, etc... scan that back in as four preps and design your crowns over that. It's easier if you have a prep-op to go by, so I'll sometime design a full contour one piece bridge with gingiva and mill it out of wax to scan later as the pre-op.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you, CHL! I thought so.

M

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
what I have done is... enter as four unit bridge and sculpt it to the contours you want, mill, sinter, stack pink porc, etc... scan that back in as four preps and design your crowns over that. It's easier if you have a prep-op to go by, so I'll sometime design a full contour one piece bridge with gingiva and mill it out of wax to scan later as the pre-op.
That is what I will probably end up doing. Thanks for the tip!

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
So, this is what I did, at the end. Scanned and designed the substructure first, then we scanned and designed the 4 unit splint. This is a PMMA provisional. Need to polish the teeth, tough...

IMG_2624.jpg IMG_2626.jpg IMG_2628.jpg