Interesting (to me) 3Shape snafu

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I recently had a lab that was receiving an error message saying, "Can not save the order. Please check to make sure the order number is unique." every time they tried to leave the 3Shape order form via either the Scan button or the OK button. The order was for three Press-To-Zirconia crowns on 6, 7, and 11 and one three unit PTZ bridge on 8-10.

Turned out that they were sending the zirconia substructures off to a milling center and the wax patterns for printing to another facility. Both Sites were set up in Dental System Control Panel with names that were 16-18 characters long. When the order form was getting saved to the underlying database the repetition of manufacturer pairs for each unit created a string too long for the database to store in the space allotted.

We changed the names of the two manufacturing facilities in the Dental System Control Panel to 3 letters each and were able to move forward with the scan and design.

If any distributors are reading this, do you have a knowledge base you are working with that would have turned this up? I wonder if the community at large would be interested in building one?

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
Had a lab with the Manufacturing Inbox enabled and receiving orders from about 20 different labs. The process was in effect and working smoothly for a few months when one day the accept functionality started causing DentalManager to shut down completely. Upon restarting, the Inbox module would not even be available and would have to be reinitialized each time.

Turned out one of the sending labs had named an order with a semicolon character in it. The accompanying files had the semicolon successfully stripped and replaced with an underscore character, but the xml file that describes each order was still carrying the semicolon in the file name. We replaced the semicolon with an underscore in the xml file and all worked fine. It's always the little things...

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Was it a lava order that was having trouble with the semicolon?

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
Was it a lava order that was having trouble with the semicolon?

No. I'm not sure I understand your question though. As far as I know, there is no way to get a Lava order (that is created with the lava materials file,) to transmit via Inbox. The ability to select a manufacturer in the Dental System Control Panel for the Lava materials is disabled. Without a (remote) manufacturer selected when creating the order, Inbox will not even come into play.

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
i know of a way you can send lava files through the inbox..

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
actually ancient 3m secret...

So, are you going to share it or just tell us you know how? I've always thought that one of the best things about the internet was an open forum for exchanging ideas and knowledge.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
No. I'm not sure I understand your question though. As far as I know, there is no way to get a Lava order (that is created with the lava materials file,) to transmit via Inbox. The ability to select a manufacturer in the Dental System Control Panel for the Lava materials is disabled. Without a (remote) manufacturer selected when creating the order, Inbox will not even come into play.

What do you mean..to send from 3Shape using lava materials to someones inbox? You can..just create a new 'Lava' site to your FTP with the 3mLava output DLL and re-associate the lava materails with this site and it will send it. Yeah?

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
sorry havent checked on the forums in a while...

here's what i did:

go to dental system control panel, sites -> add the manufacturer's site and FTP information if you have not already done so.

manufacturing processes -> there should be two locked milling strategies for lava with locked manufacturers: "Milling R0.4mm Lava" and "Milling R0.5mm Lava". i simply created copies of the strategies and this will allow you to set the manufacturer to any site in your system, which in turn will enable you to send files through the inbox. just make sure your manufacturer has the same manufacturing process. if they don't, they will get a drop down menu asking which material and manufacturing process to apply to the case.

So, are you going to share it or just tell us you know how? I've always thought that one of the best things about the internet was an open forum for exchanging ideas and knowledge.

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
if youre having issues with cases that won't import into lavascan from 3shape because of "scanner type not supported" or "ULDC contains inconsistencies" error messages, with a little workaround, i can get you around those in 9/10 cases

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
DentalShaper.

Solves many of these issues in .2 seconds.

Top Bottom