Zimmer Eztetic

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
This might qualify as a noob question, but has anyone ever dealt with Zimmer Eztetic Implant System? We just got a case from a doctor who used this type of implant. Has anyone dealt with this and knows who I should talk to to get the dmes for 3Shape and analogs for the models? I assume Zimmer... but I'm finding very little info on the system at all.

Edit: Follow up... I called Zimmer to ask about Eztetic implants and received the most confusing string of info I've ever heard. We were handed the case to do digitally but apparently they don't have scan bodies or any digital peripherals other than temp titanium abutments. This case just got hairy... it sounds like we're going to order a temp titanium abutment and design zirconia over it. Question still stands tho... anyone with a workflow on this? Cuz I'm baffled.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
This might qualify as a noob question, but has anyone ever dealt with Zimmer Eztetic Implant System? We just got a case from a doctor who used this type of implant. Has anyone dealt with this and knows who I should talk to to get the dmes for 3Shape and analogs for the models? I assume Zimmer... but I'm finding very little info on the system at all.

Edit: Follow up... I called Zimmer to ask about Eztetic implants and received the most confusing string of info I've ever heard. We were handed the case to do digitally but apparently they don't have scan bodies or any digital peripherals other than temp titanium abutments. This case just got hairy... it sounds like we're going to order a temp titanium abutment and design zirconia over it. Question still stands tho... anyone with a workflow on this? Cuz I'm baffled.
If you don't have it, the catalog for this joke:
http://www.zimmerbiomet.co.il/filesystem/ZD1639_31mmD Implant Catalog Low Res for Review Only.pdf

And a thread for ahen it was a new joke which may he helpful.
https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/zimmer-eztetic.24043/

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score

Weird, I tried to search the forum for Eztetic and didn't find anything...

And yeah, I saw that catalog. It was pretty unhelpful.

This sounds like a hot mess. Seems like getting a hold of the temp abutment and designing a zircad abutment over it will be the best bet. What a mess. More evidence to the "sales reps sucker doctors into buying their garbage, dental lab is the one who has to pay the price and figure it out" pile.

And yes, we could charge extra and get after the doctors to call them out on the garbage they're sending us, but I'm not the boss... and it'll be a cold day in heckle before the boss decides to tell a doctor we're not going to bend over backwards to make what they sent us work.

user name

user name

Reaction score

This sounds like a hot mess. Seems like getting a hold of the temp abutment and designing a zircad abutment over it will be the best bet. What a mess. More evidence to the "sales reps sucker doctors into buying their garbage, dental lab is the one who has to pay the price and figure it out" pile.

And yes, we could charge extra and get after the doctors to call them out on the garbage they're sending us, but I'm not the boss... and it'll be a cold day in heckle before the boss decides to tell a doctor we're not going to bend over backwards to make what they sent us work.
Boy oh boy...
I recently had a similar go around with one of my long term really good accounts. Sales rep from a large lab had been in for a visit...she travels with the iTero rep sometimes. He fell for it and got their scan bodies. Sent the case off, and when it came back showed me what he got. He asked for zirconia/all ceramic. Young girl, esthetic case. He got a pfm on a fat Ti abutment, and it didn't even fit. Sent it back, clarified the Rx...got back another pfm, still a very fat Ti abut, and this time the shade was way off...and it wasn't even close to fitting.

My point- if its not right, its not right and something needs sayin. I redid the case for him, from an impression. Gorgeous results. I don't do implant work from an iTero...ever.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Use the search engine of your choice with either

search terms host:dentallabnetwork.com
or
search terms site:dentallabnetwork.com

Most will return results only from here with one or the other.