Importing Itero scans to your scanner

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Importing Itero scans to your scanner...
Anyone doing this, or done this...simple? I understand Itero right now but what I don't get is the who,what,where from the scan to your scanner. So say I get a Itero scan from the Doctor, Cadent sends it to me to verify the margins do the work order, etc.. do I at that time import it on my scanner and design away????

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
It's muy simple for 3shape. You may have to talk to B&D for your intelligence. From rx, when checking itero scan, select the Local iDE for your scanner, 3shape in my case. When you hit "Send" for the model to be made a file will also be saved to your comp/flash drive. From there, start a new order on your cam, and rather than scan I choose to import scan, this will open a window to choose file from your comp/flash drive. Fits come back perfect, in fact, when we beta tested for sirona these were the only mills that came back descent (still not great:mad:)
If your set up is similar to 3shape that should do it for you.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Yes. There are settings in the "Rx" area to direct the case to a specific place. Since I have the Straumann CS2, I can request that my file be forwarded to my scanner. The file goes from my itero software back out for model production and also to Straumann for verification. They then forward it to my CS2 scanner. In it is a location to import it into the scanner for abutment, coping, etc design. I'm gonna make the leap and say that it probably works similarly in other systems.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Rob, I will send you an Itero file if you want to try it;)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gents...
I wonder if I put the Itero software on the scanner's computer whether that would probably delete the whole flash drive step but either way, I understand the logistics now, thanks again.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Rob, When I get the upgrade from Straumann to the Dental Wings I'm going to have the itero software moved to that computer. It just makes good sense for a smaller outfit like me to sit down and do it all at one spot.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I am currently on hold (17 mins and counting) to get some answers on how to get an Encode scan imported into the 3Shape. Apparently, my new Cadent software they installed is 3.7, and now they are on 4.1. Only thing is, they won't give me 4.1 because they anticipate a new update coming out.... Why does this not make sense??

Im really beginning to get miffed with iTero. But the background music is EPIC....

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
iTero rep: What kind of lab are you?

me: a Dental Lab.

iTero rep: OK, I see, hold on a moment please.

And im back on hold.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
We are importing iTero scans into 3Shape every day, and shipping out modeless BruxZir crowns. They work great.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I am currently on hold (17 mins and counting) to get some answers on how to get an Encode scan imported into the 3Shape. Apparently, my new Cadent software they installed is 3.7, and now they are on 4.1. Only thing is, they won't give me 4.1 because they anticipate a new update coming out.... Why does this not make sense??

Im really beginning to get miffed with iTero. But the background music is EPIC....

Welcome to the world of iTero support. GOOD LUCK!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We are importing iTero scans into 3Shape every day, and shipping out modeless BruxZir crowns. They work great.

Mark, I hope you keep stain and glaze position open for Disturbed when his current lab shuts down. :)

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Mark, I hope you keep stain and glaze position open for Disturbed when his current lab shuts down. :)

hahaha, we only hire people with open minds and a hunger to learn. People who already know everything need not apply...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
iTero rep: What kind of lab are you?

me: a Dental Lab.

iTero rep: OK, I see, hold on a moment please.

And im back on hold.

Had it happen yesterday, that's why I asked on here.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Got my problem resolved (iTero had 2 account codes for my lab...) after 3 freakin hours, but the Encode scans have to be emailed to me from Cadent. Huh?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
New question/problem:
When i import a case from itero to 3shape that has a crown to be made on both maxillary and mandible, i can't work on both simultaneously. One prep will have a collar/curtain wrapped around it. so when I finish one crown I have to go back and upload the other files to work on the next tooth. Anyone else have that prob and know how to fix it?

D

Dave51282

Reaction score
Importing Itero scans to your scanner...
Anyone doing this, or done this...simple? I understand Itero right now but what I don't get is the who,what,where from the scan to your scanner. So say I get a Itero scan from the Doctor, Cadent sends it to me to verify the margins do the work order, etc.. do I at that time import it on my scanner and design away????

jh