Using iTero ExoCAD export in 3shape?

Z

Zan Karren

Reaction score
Hey y'all!

Just wondering if anyone would have some insight on if exporting files from iTero as "exocad with color (2017 and later)" and importing them with 3shape would cause any problems? It seems to work but obviously don't want to screw anything up. Also, the reason for this is to allow us to have color scans but also keep the margins that iTero marks. As of now, exporting as "3Shape" doesn't allow for color. We have found "Color Export - Open Model" works and has color but doesn't maintain the margins marked by iTero! Any info would help!

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
This works just fine. I find the texture scans sometimes make it difficult to read the margin - which is the main reason we want color scans. So, unless the doctor marked the margin 100% correct, I still prefer the "Color Export - Open Model" to the "Exocad with color" for most cases. But, either one works.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I still don't get how you can mark the margins better on a color scan. I know you can see them better but the data is the data and you can't change any of that.

Even when you get high res pictures with the trios that overlay on the scan of the model.. yeah it's helpful but if you have any of the data is missing or an artifact is on the scan you are still marking it on the model scan.

I know you can add/remove to get it better but it can still be a guessing game. I'm glad we have the tools but fixing meshes with 3shape still isn't that great. Interproximal margins is mostly the area that I find where this happens with scans.