Itero scans?

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
So on the Phrozen website, looks like you can be all in for $1400 with the printer, curing unit, cleaner, license, and 2 resins. Very reasonable for sure.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
So on the Phrozen website, looks like you can be all in for $1400 with the printer, curing unit, cleaner, license, and 2 resins. Very reasonable for sure.
So a few things.
1) License is not necessary for smaller printers. They work with a program called chitubox that is from Phrozen and free.

2) Make sure that your intended resin can be cured with their curebox. I suggest something a little more robust if you plan on doing more resins from other companies that are validated for that printer. Also it can be done much faster.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'm at the same place as CRob. My rep is getting me signed up today. My question is, does anyone use iTero to mill their models as those come out really nice, or do you send them elsewhere to get them cheaper (for those of us who don't have a printer).

If iTero's models are a bit more expensive, is the cost justified in the time saved in not having to create a model in 3Shape model builder?

The rep did say it takes about 5 days to get the iTero model, so that may be something else to consider if Argen can get a Carbon model printed and shipped sooner?
Don't let itero make your models. Then you are relying on them to mark your margins.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Don't let itero make your models. Then you are relying on them to mark your margins.

So I don't have a choice? I can't mark the margins then say, "here, make my model to my margin line"?

Can I review what they came up with and make any margin changes if needed?

I just signed the DocuSign paperwork this morning so I have yet to go through how the rest of it works like the portal and the work flows. So I appreciate this advanced heads up of what to look out for.

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
So I don't have a choice? I can't mark the margins then say, "here, make my model to my margin line"?

I just signed the DocuSign paperwork this morning so I have yet to go through how the rest of it works like the portal and the work flows. So I appreciate this advanced heads up of what to look out for.
Not that I remember. Always best to export their files and design the models yourself

Z

ztech

Reaction score

You can make changes to the margins they mark. For me, to do this, I had to purchase the top tier of the service. I heard they changed the structure now.
Even though they have changed it, I still have the ability to check and change the margin before they make the model

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You can make changes to the margins they mark. For me, to do this, I had to purchase the top tier of the service. I heard they changed the structure now.
Even though they have changed it, I still have the ability to check and change the margin before they make the model

Thanks, that's good to know. Yep, there is no longer a cost to be a Partner Lab.

I asked the rep why they no longer charge, and he said something about the Dr's buying the scanner and then the labs having to buy a license to get the files and trying to simplify it.

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, that's good to know. Yep, there is no longer a cost to be a Partner Lab.

I asked the rep why they no longer charge, and he said something about the Dr's buying the scanner and then the labs having to buy a license to get the files and trying to simplify it.Interesting that iterror no longer charges the ransom joining fee to get cases from their scanner docs.
I did sign up several years ago for the top tier. That gave me no fee shipping to get their models and also receive the stl file . I let them ”find “ the margins and mill model for me. The model does have a removable die.
So have they told you what the shipping charges are if you receive their milled models ? I figure I’ve recouped
my ransom just in ship fees I didn’t have to pay for.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
CRob, how's everything going in iTero land?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Hello friends.
Good thread CRob, and good questions Scott, great info from the rest as well, for trios I have to pay for the communicate structure, but I get the scans in black and white on my Exocad, (not pleasant). cerec on the other hand I got for free and in color from my son to receive scans, and now they are getting in buying itero scan for the other office and hoping to get for free as well, will see.

but I am like you guys trying to learn as much as possible, with the little I do, (taking more time off) but sometimes I miss the old days with crowns and bridges and others the old fashion way, which most solved in house despite the long hours spent. but I guess it makes my brain younger figuring out…I hope😊

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@Travis you've been doing some nice clean-up work of the spam threads, today. Thank you for the behind-the-scenes work you do here
to help keep this forum on track of dental lab related questions etc. :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hi CRob, Waveyjust jumping in on your thread to ask, does iTero take shades during a scan? I've only gotten about 35 scans in so far, but I have noticed that with Dr's who normally take Classical shades, I'm getting some 3D shades with the RX form. Is that right, is iTero giving them an idea of the shade during the I/O scan?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Hi CRob, Waveyjust jumping in on your thread to ask, does iTero take shades during a scan? I've only gotten about 35 scans in so far, but I have noticed that with Dr's who normally take Classical shades, I'm getting some 3D shades with the RX form. Is that right, is iTero giving them an idea of the shade during the I/O scan?

Hey Car, my one iTer liens says no, it doesn’t take the shades. 🤔
Saw an ad recently that vita now has preshaded 3D pucks. Maybe it’s not new?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hey Car, my one iTer liens says no, it doesn’t take the shades. 🤔
Saw an ad recently that vita now has preshaded 3D pucks. Maybe it’s not new?
Thanks, it's probably the assistants who are taking those shades that are coming back in 3D.

Vita 3D preshaded would be nice, if they have their colors down. I could never get Origin's 3D colors right when I was dipping Beyond Plus.

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, it's probably the assistants who are taking those shades that are coming back in 3D.

Vita 3D preshaded would be nice, if they have their colors down. I could never get Origin's 3D colors right when I was dipping Beyond Plus.
My buddy that mills for me tried but only wants to sinter at his Cube One temp and they came out too dark.
Does them in Cube and they are better (sometimes). I’ve started using Beyond plus shaded more and m i my o.😉. Warmer shades.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hello again, CRob :Hello: I'm back to using your thread again. My question is, are all printed and milled models more temperamental regarding contacts?
With all the years using stone casts and solid contact models, I was lightly scraping the iTero contacts, just to be sure like with stone models, which were most of the time right on, maybe one light adjustment.

With iTero, my main account said they were still too tight. So about 3 weeks ago I didn't adjust any contact, but I just made sure they were a bit snug. Today during a shade he said it's better, but still a little too snug. It sounds like it needs to just "drop in" without any resistance. These are with iTero models, are all milled and printed models the same way?

Last edited:
J

JIMM82

Reaction score
I’ve had an office with a Trios scanner for a few years and another office just bought an Itero scanner. I have a 3Shape system and have gotten all my scans up to this point thru 3Shape Communicate.
Can someone tell me in very simple terms (I’m an idiot) what I need to do to accept Itero scans?
Hi everybody. This is Jim. I'm new here. I need some help if anyone can help me out. I've bought a Trios 3shape scanner, and my business partners have followed my leap and they've bought too a Trios with a pod. The point is that they had an iTero, but the guy from 3shape took the iTero wand (I guess to fidelize us and make us stay with 3shape) but left the pod with the screen, which actually it is a pc. Does anybody know how to reboot an iTero element. Maybe using a rebootable USB hard drive? The point is that the system it's so brided that I cannot get in the windows menu. But I've already seen this scanner with troubleshooting and the windows classic mainscreen presented. Any Idea????
Happy to belong to the community now!!!!!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
do you mean you want to use your iTero element PC as a PC instead of as an iTero device?

easy enough to do if you have a windows usb. just hope you can get to the bios to enable boot from usb