Implant soft tissue model with Locators

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Here’s the scoop. Mand full denture with soft tissue materia around each abutment.
Question: How do I pack on top of this model with soft tissue on it? HELP!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Make a duplicate model and process on it, and let the Dr know that they're going to have to pick up the locators in the mouth.

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Make a duplicate model and process on it, and let the Dr know that they're going to have to pick up the locators in the mouth.
She’s not capable of doing that lol

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
She’s not capable of doing that lol
Have her take a PVS impression with impression copings so you can put analogs in and pour a model and process on that.
Edit: Do you still have the original impression? You could repour it. It should already have the impression copings in it.

Last edited:
D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Have her take a PVS impression with impression copings so you can put analogs in and pour a model and process on that.
Edit: Do you still have the original impression? You could repour it. It should already have the impression copings in it.
Yes I still have the original impression.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Yes I still have the original impression.
Are you able to put analogs in and repour? And then place the case on to make sure it fits. It should. If for some reason it doesn't, Dr will have to take a new impression.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This is so simple...put the housings on and duplicate...before you pour stone, put new analogs in your housings and pour in stone, now like Doris stated...you have a stone model to process from and a master (soft tissue model) to check occlusion and fit after processing.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
This is so simple...put the housings on and duplicate...before you pour stone, put new analogs in your housings and pour in stone, now like Doris stated...you have a stone model to process from and a master (soft tissue model) to check occlusion and fit after processing.
Great idea! Why didn't I think of that?!?!