Soft tissue implant models

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
Hello everyone--I am looking for sources for removable soft tissue printed implant models from scans. I want the model to include the implant analog as well. I am working with one company, but I would like to have other options available. I am a one-person lab so I do not require large number of this model type. Continental US would make shipping easier. Thanks for any recommendations.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
When we first started printing implant models, I got a bottle of soft tissue resin and was going to print the tissue also. I did some, but it was a lot of effort for no real benefit for us. Our work flow is to design the abutment and crown as a split file. Then when we design the model, I use a setting the adjusts the model for the abutment and crown design. When the model is printed, the abutment and crown fit the model with about .2mm of space in between the model and the abutment and crown. This same thing happens on bridge cases. The setting adjusts the model so the bridge will go on without any adjusting. This has worked for us so we don't worry about printing the soft tissue anymore.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
⬆️What he said.
If your only printing a few, the effort may not be worth it.
Two ways that we handle models with soft tissue and ananlog:
1.)Straumann prints them for us. Decent models, soft tissue fits model just okay.
2.) Have the model printed and analog supplied. Lab putty index the tissue area, prep tissue area on the printed model, block out ananlog hole with wax, use the putty index to inject soft tissue to your model. We use Kerr scannable tissue, with their separator liquid. Easy process.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Love the injection idea RDA

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I now print the abutment as part of the model and subtract the tissue section.
No more analogs and tissue required because the accuracy comes from the design. The model verifies the occlusion and contacts .

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I now print the abutment as part of the model and subtract the tissue section.
No more analogs and tissue required because the accuracy comes from the design. The model verifies the occlusion and contacts .
Almost all of my implant cases are screw retained so I need the analog model printed or I would go this route

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
We print a lot of implant models and now because of printing issues we have figure out alternate way to do this. If you have a printable material that's great (We use the J5 dentajet) but if you have any sort of printing material here is what we do.

Make the implant model as is with the soft tissue mask designed, print the soft tissue in the same model material, seat it on the model (May have to watch for undercuts when designing it),create a putty matrix over this section, put a small hole in the matrix, inject conventional soft tissue material in there.

Works in a pinch and lets you still print your designed models and tissue.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Almost all of my implant cases are screw retained so I need the analog model printed or I would go this route
Mine are as well. All custom abutments.
Those analogs are too expensive to send with each case and sending a model with a hole serves no purpose to the doc

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
tempImagehIYWrc.png

this was the state of my lab 2 hours ago when I got word our funding was in for our print station.
unplug and move it around, plug it in and play around :cool:

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Why bother with an extra soft tissue print build? Just design models with the removable soft tissue with no impingement on the custom emergence profiles, then print everything together in model resin. Take a little diluted red optiglaze and wash it on the tissue before curing. Everything fits fine, looks good and can be removed for assembly on the models. The full arch in the pic is a printed provisional in Crowntec. (Nextdent 5100)
IMG_6626.jpeg
IMG_6721.jpeg
IMG_6724.jpeg
IMG_6725.jpeg

Last edited:
C

Crittercorner

Reaction score
Mine are as well. All custom abutments.
Those analogs are too expensive to send with each case and sending a model with a hole serves no purpose to the doc
Hello
How do you print custom abutments without the analog. I thought I saw your thread from before but cannot find it. Thx

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hello
How do you print custom abutments without the analog. I thought I saw your thread from before but cannot find it. Thx
There is a setting in 3Shape model builder that allows you to print the abutment head as part of the model. This works when you design the soft tissue low enough to expose the margins.
Then I will opt out of printing the soft tissue.

Top Bottom