Tissue contouring healing abutents

doug

doug

Reaction score
Anyone have a good way to provide a healing abutment/cap that can pretty easily be added to to help form the tissue cuff? We get cases in that the periodontist has done a great job creating a nice emergence and tissue cuff that lets us make a more natural gingival aspect to the crown. I'd like to bee able to do it for some of the docs who I think it will be a benefit for their patients.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
One of my dentists uses a system where he preconditions the tissue for the impression. Let me check on Monday and I'll let you know.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Free form a custom abutment to minimum thickness and mill it out of PMMA

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I used to work for an account who valued them a lot... the rest didn't seem to care, prolly for financial reasons ? I did mill the whole thing (interface included) out from PEEK.. it only needed was a screw, the same screw used for Ti bases.

Used a 1mm flat-end tool also to get certain parts of the interface and screw-seat properly cut... it took a long time to finetune the strategies on Sum3d... it was a major PITA.

I designed a system consisting of a set of 3, w/ increasing diameters and various lengths, one cylindrical and the other one somewhat triangular for anterior cases. I did it for only two manufacturers...BioH and Hiossen, since that particular client was exclusive to those. It worked like a charm. You can find some more info here ...

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
I am periodontist, depend of the case , an X-ray will help you with the thickness of the gums, and depends of the tooth is the emergency profile … I mean molars are wider and the material it has to be titanium, pmma can increase the swallowing of the tissues…..
Usually the cuff is like 3 mm and the wide 4-5 mm

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
A lot of my guys do it in office, they microblast the healing cap (obviously above interface) then add composite resin to form to match the exact gingival crest of adjacent teeth. Works well when doing centrals...seen them do it with ti-bases too. Then add composite to impression copings after torque testing/osseointegration to send to me or use scanbody and scan before tissue collapses. I've also made TCS flexibles and contoured them to match adjacent emergence profiles when implants are placed deep as well. Tons of ways, just have to have a good Doc who is thinking definitive restoration results instead of slapping implants in and moving onto next patient as fast as you can.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
use cheap bases, print, or mill the healing abutment