Implant options?

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
So I got this in yesterday. Sure I can spray and scan then design crown. Zirconia crown.
I am wondering if there is a better way to to do this digitally.
Plus this is the first I've received an implant direct abutment. I have no clue what company the implant is, the color screams straumann to me.
What do you all think is the best way to tackle this case.
20170317_145344.jpg 20170317_145353.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So I got this in yesterday. Sure I can spray and scan then design crown. Zirconia crown.
Plus this is the first I've received an implant direct abutment. I have no clue what company the implant is, the color screams straumann to me.
View attachment 25517 View attachment 25518
They have their own implants and abutments. They pulled a microvariant of Strauman.
http://www.implantdirect.com/legacy1
Click Prosthetics, they show a straight Zir abutment available at roughly the 1 o'clock position of the product wheel. Call them, they've always been nice to me. 888 649-6425

They do have field reps if you actually need one to drop by, and will send you more dead trees for your implant bookshelf.

Most, (not all) of the abutments are the same thing as the impression post, you just cut off the square head and use the remainder, modifying as needed.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Zimmer 4.5 compatible.. you could do a custom abutment anywhere you run your regular digital workflow. Argen is probably your best bet, but depends on what you have for scanbodys and library

just "call it" a zimmer and run with it

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I have no scan bodies or libraries.
What kind of cost is associated with scan bodies and libraries?
Are these bought from implant companies or reseller like Argen?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I have no scan bodies or libraries.
What kind of cost is associated with scan bodies and libraries?
Are these bought from implant companies or reseller like Argen?

Argen sells them. They are not overly expensive and you get the value back in your first order with them, if I remember correctly.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i think implant direct has scan bodies they rang the other day to see if i wanted some and its a implant direct implant you can also used bio horizon bits as well

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
implant direct is expensive to manufacture..
contact TRU abutment.. scanbodys and manufacturing will be the cheapest with good quality prob right at 100.00 total cost

library is free.. u need the abutment module, or cad points
u could also ship us the case.. but I don't know the cost..

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Argen sells them. They are not overly expensive and you get the value back in your first order with them, if I remember correctly.
if you order the whole kit, you get one free abutment per.. so initially about 1200.00.
makes no sense in this case

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
if you order the whole kit, you get one free abutment per.. so initially about 1200.00.

I stand corrected. I guess, I got it mixed up...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
its a special from time to time.. they will honor it if you ask

G

grantoz

Reaction score
andrew since when is implant direct expensive i find that my clients who use them usually do because of low cost and bulk deals that they negotiate and dont dislike my post just because you want to sell something disagree by all means but not because of a sale

S

Soniq

Reaction score
View attachment 25517 View attachment 25518

Here's Implant Direct Scan adapter for this implant.
You can download their Library from this web address
http://store.implantdirect.com/digital-library.html
You can scan, design and send to Custom-Direct for titanium abutment ($100.00)

Implant Direct 888-649-6425

Best,

Darwin

8045-09P.jpg

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score

I got in contact with my local rep. The cost per platform, for example BioHoizons/Zimmer, is about 170. The Nobel active one is less, I think about 120. So, if you don't get the whole kit, it is manageable. And, if you ask nicely, they even may trough a free abutment in it...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
andrew since when is implant direct expensive i find that my clients who use them usually do because of low cost and bulk deals that they negotiate and dont dislike my post just because you want to sell something disagree by all means but not because of a sale

has nothing to do with a sale.. i'm not in sales, don't work for any manufacturer, don't own the Lab, and am already on overtime
it is my experience that TRU abutment would be the lowest cost solution.. coupled with ease of use, and a quick turnaround time for a custom abutment..

my dislike is mostly: Bio won't compete, and ID is a pain in the ass to order from, and more expensive last I checked..
and
i'm thinking Juko doesn't do a lot of custom abutments.. so ease of use is an even bigger plus

also, I have enough frigging work on my bench. not looking to increase my workload, I simply offered to help the guy keep the case on track and get it done, if the above mentioned was too much to handle. I offered because I know what it's like to try and figure out manufacturing.

so, slow your roll.. and feel free to help with the case/manufacturing wherever you see fit

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i like to use original bits as much as possible far less friggin around when things go wrong thats my reasoning for using implant direct bits and they just arent that expensive to stop me using them hell i even use straumann on straumann. andrew by the way great to see you have that much work, i would like to know what your boss would normally use in their mouth.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
definitely not an ID Zimmer knockoff.. if I wanted Zimmer, i'd use Zimmer. think about it

and his choice would be Straumann BL or Nobel CC.. but would depend more on the final
restoration type and site

also, BIO isn't like-on-like

Last edited:
Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Thanks all for the stimulating conversations. Priddy is correct that I don't do custom abutments. At least not yet.

In fact this is the first zirconia crown I have put on an abutment so it was interesting scanning it in the system. Time was an issue and didn't want to deal with it on this case after all. There is some very good information that puts me on the correct path to start offering custom abutments though.
I appreciate all the help from you guys.