Anyone using ASC Nobelprocera solution?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I've got my first case. I have the DME's, I know how to set it up. I don't understand why this is a better solution than using a custom abutment with an angled screw channel. Can anyone illuminate me or give me some confidence that this is a good way to restore an anterior implant restoration?

A

A. M.

Reaction score
I had 1 case years ago. Cannot answer... maybe ask Nobel
It was very expensive, but that is what the dr wanted. Just wait until you get the crown or abutment from them and see... it will make less sense and the dr will call and ask about a missing part... :) that's what happened to us

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
Are you referring to the little triangular Ti insert that's friction fit to the crown with no cement?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I've got my first case. I have the DME's, I know how to set it up. I don't understand why this is a better solution than using a custom abutment with an angled screw channel. Can anyone illuminate me or give me some confidence that this is a good way to restore an anterior implant restoration?
I have done 3 or maybe 4. There is no real advantage IMHO.

It has been around for a while now. I'd say even before all the other angulated screw channel options, we are familiar with, really kicked in.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
pita.. we always bond the base in for delivery... otherwise it will get delivered without it, and you'll never see it again.
this is Nobel bios angled option. thats it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It’s not a good idea and it sucks when that stupid triangle flings out of your tweezers when you attempt to pick it up. ….and you wonder where the snark comes from.

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
Nobel sales rep slapped my wrist when they found out we were milling the crowns inhouse, apparently only Nobel is supposed to be milling them, maybe its different now

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Just wait and see what fun shade options you have when you order from them, in the end, any case that needed to go that route was only offered as a PFZ because the available shades were so off
After sharing the replies I received here and a video of what Nobels abutment looks like compared to what Atlantis' will look like, the doctor is going to take my recommendation over the sales reps. :)

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We stopped usning Nobel's ASC years ago. Too many failures with the minimal connection of the Nobel's ASC triangle. Nobel will tell you it puts the load on the screw head. How many of these have we seen fail? Get the model printed and then , I recommend using a ASC Dynamic abutment from Preat.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
We have 1 Dr that uses them. He's a Nobel guy so to him they can't do anything wrong. The colors on singles suck the bag. No shades that match a shade guide so it's a crap shoot. The angle bridges do have actual shades but not all. The choices you have to make in filling out the 3Shape order are confusing. It had to call their tech support to finally get if you do a bridge you need to use 'np' for the connectors. Their tech support bites too. They are expensive and milling is slow. Sometimes we'll get on abutment while another is not done. The bases are hard to push in with those stupid fingers giving friction fit. The Dr likes the idea of not bonding the base to the abutment. Guess it saves time? Either way we steer any other accounts away from sending to Nobel. Same for Vulcan for Biohorizon. Don't care for their system either.

S

Snapper

Reaction score
Great question
from a Nobel software Based Lab perspective,
tha ASC avoids cement to abutment, just activate the 3 prongs and push together with a replica
The screw doesn't touch the ASC metal - it sandwiches the Zirconia to it
RKTs correct but we've adapted
With good surgical planning & clinicians id question any Lab material breakages
so remove from furnace, place adapter and deliver - no cement
On Nobel's teeth we don't charge the $55 cement fee and charge 890AUD plus angulation and replicas no fuss
This may change when we get a mill

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Great question
from a Nobel software Based Lab perspective,
tha ASC avoids cement to abutment, just activate the 3 prongs and push together with a replica
The screw doesn't touch the ASC metal - it sandwiches the Zirconia to it
RKTs correct but we've adapted
With good surgical planning & clinicians id question any Lab material breakages
so remove from furnace, place adapter and deliver - no cement
On Nobel's teeth we don't charge the $55 cement fee and charge 890AUD plus angulation and replicas no fuss
This may change when we get a mill
From the get go such a poor solution. It's like a Large elbow on a stove pipe. Over extended to the Max. Major PIA imho. Just sayin...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
From the get go such a poor solution. It's like a Large elbow on a stove pipe. Over extended to the Max. Major PIA imho. Just sayin...
Let’s throw in the requirement of specialized drivers that the rep fails to mention to the dentist.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
And the confusing expensive scanbodies and a $100 driver just for them...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
.. and the exorbitant cost.