I want tu buy this cad cam set, please help

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first message on this forum, but ive been reading recomendations on it, after a lot of research, this would be my setup: scanner: medit identical blue with exocad software, for the milling machine i have series doubts, i like the imes icore 250i very much, but i think that becouse of its weight (200 pounds or so) it would be impossible to bringt it to central América (if anyone could help me with this i would really apreciate it),the other mill is roland dxw50, for sintering i would prefer a microwave thats 8k on ebay, what do you think about this setup? I process like 20 crowns per month (im not a big lab),suggestions are welcome, sorry if my english is not good, im a little rusty on that

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
A further question?...Does most milling machines run off 220V or 110V, and can they be converted? I know outside the U.S., a lot of countries use 220V. I guess the same question could be applied to the scanners as well. I only ask because I was curious and to maybe give Jarmw89 something else to thing about.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Forget about microwaving zirconia at this time and get a real oven like the Mihm Vogt or Shenpz Sintra Plus.

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
Hi lab guy, he its a 110v, and answering the other question, i was saying microwave for time motives, why shouldnt i buy it?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hi lab guy, he its a 110v, and answering the other question, i was saying microwave for time motives, why shouldnt i buy it?
You have to be real careful on what sintering oven to get...because of many factors. 1. The heating elements, if you don't dry your zirconia completely you will ruin your heating elements and to replace those most times cost just as much as the oven itself. 2. If you use the speed cycles, a lot time it wears the oven out a lot faster, especially the heating elements. 3. Lastly, 220V is needed to get to some of those high temperatures required for the new HT zirconia stuff coming out on the market. I'm not saying microwave or what sintering oven for you to get, but definitely do your homework before throwing down all that money. I'm sure other members will add to the list given above.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A further question?...Does most milling machines run off 220V or 110V, and can they be converted? I know outside the U.S., a lot of countries use 220V. I guess the same question could be applied to the scanners as well. I only ask because I was curious and to maybe give Jarmw89 something else to thing about.

We foreners find that burning cow dung produces enough energy to run our scanners and mill.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your concern Yankee.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
There's that friggin' word again!

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Twenty crowns per month??? It will take forever for that setup to pay for itself. I suggest that you outsource until your production numbers increase.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Forget about microwave. And, forget about a mill. The ROI will not work with a unit a day. Only invest in equipment that makes you more profitable.

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first message on this forum, but ive been reading recomendations on it, after a lot of research, this would be my setup: scanner: medit identical blue with exocad software, for the milling machine i have series doubts, i like the imes icore 250i very much, but i think that becouse of its weight (200 pounds or so) it would be impossible to bringt it to central América (if anyone could help me with this i would really apreciate it),the other mill is roland dxw50, for sintering i would prefer a microwave thats 8k on ebay, what do you think about this setup? I process like 20 crowns per month (im not a big lab),suggestions are welcome, sorry if my english is not good, im a little rusty on that
The 250i mills very nicely. I have my margin offset set to 0.05 and doesn't have to touch them when fitting my crowns after sintering, no chipping, even on thin detailed margins.

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
The 250i mills very nicely. I have my margin offset set to 0.05 and doesn't have to touch them when fitting my crowns after sintering, no chipping, even on thin detailed margins.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We are really liking the 250i for dry and wet milling. We have 2 one for each. Not a big fan of doing wet and dry in one machine. We can deliver a 250 to central America, no problem. Also due to the dramatic drop in the exchange rate of the euro the 250 is a really great deal.

Top Bottom