3shspe with or without yearly licence ?

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m in the middle of buying a new E3 scanner and I have the option to have with 2021 software and no annual licence fee
Or my other option is to have it as they usually do with the yearly licence fees
I’m getting complete restorative and I know not having to update my licence will save around £2500 per year but I’m starting to panic as I won’t be able to upgrade if I opt out of the yearly licence

Any help advice on this would be great

Thanks in advance amd I hope it’s kit too crazy with the Christmas rush 👍🦷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don’t really know what the $2500 gets you?
Does it pay for the support I get from Argen?

Last edited:
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Does it pay for the support I get from Argen?
That is part of the deal. You get support from the license vendors. There is no '3Shape' support. If you are not happy with one, you can transfer your license to another vender. At no cost, as far as I know. But Argen should be fine! I have my license with Core3d, which took over Ivoclar's 3shape business, but whenever I have questions related to Argen's products, they are very good in helping!

I don’t really know what the $2500 gets you?
The right to use their software. As imperfect and buggy it is, it gets the job done. And it is very buggy...

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I’m starting to panic as I won’t be able to upgrade if I opt out of the yearly licence
Well, start panicking :cool:

You won't be able to use your scanner AT ALL without your yearly tribute to 3Shape.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
If it we were me I'd pay the yearly license...just for the support. I have 3sheep and exocad, pay yearly on both and I agree @Contraluz 3sheep is buggy AF and I hate how they make you set the cases up, so much easier in exocad.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If it we were me I'd pay the yearly license...just for the support. I have 3sheep and exocad, pay yearly on both and I agree @Contraluz 3sheep is buggy AF and I hate how they make you set the cases up, so much easier in exocad.
You have to stop drinking that Michigan tap water Big lab Guy.
Are you sure you didn't get those bugs somewhere else sailor? Every time I open Medit link , there's another bug fix.

images

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't get those bugs somewhere else sailor? Every time I open Medit link , there's another bug fix.

images
thats meditlink, not exocad silly 3sheeper!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

images
That's called an update, I know you don't normally see those and never for free...but get yourself off that 3Sheep snooty mountain once in awhile and things will become much clearer ;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
More updates and than the weather channel .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I live such a simple life, I guess. I just don't have all the issues that are touted regarding 3Shape. Exocad, you can keep your 4001 way to do simple things, it's like working with piecing 100 Legos together to do simple tasks. Or to somewhat quote Riley, so many (to many) ways to skin a cat. edit: and I'm not talking from personal experience in working with both, but just from what I've seen posted here and on YouTube, regarding Exocad. Let alone that Meshmixer should be bundled with every Exocad license. Maybe it's because I'm not doing the more complex all on 4 work etc that I may not know about some of the 3Shape issues, and how maybe Exocad can overcome things easier as it's more broken down, and user defined, rather than software compiled?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The continental breakfast is free
But the waffle batter is rarely updated.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I live such a simple life, I guess. I just don't have all the issues that are touted regarding 3Shape. Exocad, you can keep your 4001 way to do simple things, it's like working with piecing 100 Legos together to do simple tasks. Or to somewhat quote Riley, so many (to many) ways to skin a cat. edit: and I'm not talking from personal experience in working with both, but just from what I've seen posted here and on YouTube, regarding Exocad. Let alone that Meshmixer should be bundled with every Exocad license. Maybe it's because I'm not doing the more complex all on 4 work etc that I may not know about some of the 3Shape issues, and how maybe Exocad can overcome things easier as it's more broken down, and user defined, rather than software compiled?

i only poke fun. i do enjoy exocad but used 3shape for years and had very minimal issues with it. :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You’re holding up just fine Car. Don’t stop believing. Hold on to your dreams and keep rocking in the free world.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I imagine the phone ringing at the Argen customer service place and someone looks at the phone and says, “it’s that Vermont guy again, who drew the short straw this week?!?”

Top Bottom