How can I reuse light cure baseplate material excess?

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Seems to me it actually COSTS you money to save your $1.50.
First-- shop it around.Dental Depot is under $50 for 50 sheets of Megatray (Triad sucks and does not like to be condensed into itself-- same goes for the Sterngold) (Dentsply sucks too).
The Megatray-- both blue and pink--- seem to happily "moosh" together. Tray handles do NOT come off and need no metal support. Very happy with it.
If you buy from Nowack they ship free over $50.
(I just dropped your materials cost 33% lol)
I dunno what you charge for your hands on labor but I am around $1.40/minute. Do the math and use the scraps for partials.
Put your time to better use and enjoy your savings.
Hmm...I didn't think of it like that. From a business owner perspective, you're absolutely right! Thanks for the info about the Megatray. That's 25 bucks cheaper per box than where we get our material from. I'll have to give that a shot. See, this is why I love this forum so much!

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I ball it up and cure in the light cure machine and throw away, doesn't seem sanitary to reuse on another case. Fine if on the same pt.

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
I ball it up and cure in the light cure machine and throw away, doesn't seem sanitary to reuse on another case. Fine if on the same pt.
Honestly, I don't really see the sanitation as a problem. Impressions should be disinfected when entering production, and your bench shouldn't be contaminated if everything has been disinfected. You could use the scraps for tray handles and stuff at least.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Unless you have issues with sterility management there should be no need to worry about cross contamination.