Hex screws head worn out/ vhf

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
74D4C7E2-3A8C-43EB-9F9F-0CF82829E0F0.jpeg Good morning:
The Head of hex screws to hold zir puck get worn out because of abrasive zirconium dust when turning, where can I get them reasonably to change regularly? Thanks

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Ohhhh @JMN where are you? :) There were some posts about this somewhere in the forum.

For me, and I'm getting to that point, I'll check with Ace Hardware. I think it was also discussed in that thread that the star shaped hex drivers work more efficiently and easier than the allen wrench type that wear out quicker.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh @JMN where are you? :) There were some posts about this somewhere in the forum.

For me, and I'm getting to that point, I'll check with Ace Hardware. I think it was also discussed in that thread that the star shaped hex drivers work more efficiently and easier than the allen wrench type that wear out quicker.
Didn't see that thread, so can't remember anything enough to search other than vhf+screws which was not helpful.

But I'm with you, take a screw and driver to the hardware store and buy a few. Save the shipping and markup. Well, some of the markup.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Didn't see that thread, so can't remember anything enough to search other than vhf+screws which was not helpful.

But I'm with you, take a screw and driver to the hardware store and buy a few. Save the shipping and markup. Well, some of the markup.

No problem in not finding it, it was kinda buried in a thread. I believe it's a metric thread with the Mini. So bringing it along to the hardware store is a good idea

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
View attachment 29535 Good morning:
The Head of hex screws to hold zir puck get worn out because of abrasive zirconium dust when turning, where can I get them reasonably to change regularly? Thanks
Someone posted McMaster-Carr for the Select screws and driver. The mini screws are slightly different but they have them too. I have found the screws from McMaster for the select and mini to be a bit more durable and don't wear out as quick. If you're out there, whoever originally posted to get them here Thank you!
Mini screws
https://www.mcmaster.com/#91292a123/=1c8lign
Get the driver too
https://www.mcmaster.com/#57585a54/=1c8lk03

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just get mine from Jensen. I think I pay around 23 bucks for a new touch plate and all the misc screws n stuff.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
we buy them in bulk from the local hardware store. You can find them online and have them shipped if you don't have somewhere close. Lowe's and HD usually don't have anything below M4, but you might get lucky. Below are the specs we purchase.

M3 x 20mm .50 pitch

Top Bottom