Help! With case using parts from Implants Direct

Q

qlife

Reaction score
I have a case one of my dentists sent us. The abutment is angled at 15 degrees but it still sticks out too much. I called and asked Implants Direct but they said this is the highest angle they have for this abutment. I asked if they can do a custom abutment but apparently they don't. They recommended trying a wax-cast abutment but the dentist wants to do a Lava crown on top of this so I didn't that that was a good idea. I would like to stay with the zirconia hybrid abutment like he sent if possible. Any possible solutions? I believe this implant type is compatible with Zimmer. Pictures of case attached.
IMAG1901.jpg IMAG1902.jpg

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Depends on the platform (Legacy?) but me or just about any other lab should be able to mill one for you.

Q

qlife

Reaction score
It's a Legacy Zirconia Angled Abutment. 15 degrees, length: 1mm, platform 3mm diam.
How much for a custom hybrid zirconia abutment? What about turn around time?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Oh, you got the pickle. That 3mm is incompatible as far as I know.

Ouch

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Just buy the UCLA wax and cast it in ceramic alloy opaque it and make your ceramic core. That fixture does not have a cad variety prefabbed base with out getting ingenious with another stock part..

Nice of him to use such a big strong implant like a 3mm for a central :) I guess the bone and the roots were in the way :)

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
custom abutment. and charge for it. a lot...

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
You could try the wax and cast technique but then opaque the metal and make your lava crown.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Buy the ucla, separate and customize the plastic,send customized plastic out to milling center to be made in zirconia,cement to the gold cylinder, or just ask the brilliant surgeon what they planned to do with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Q

qlife

Reaction score
I guess I'll just tell him that we can't do it in zirconia and go the wax-cast-opaque route. Thanks for all your input.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Any chance they'd go for a diamond in the buccal screw access hole?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Any chance they'd go for a diamond in the buccal screw access hole?

Or maybe a $ or martini glass,.....playboy bunny?

Seriously, I think I would send that back to the office and tell them to have
someone else get married to that case.

Good luck.

Top Bottom