Has anyone tried this yet?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

The part about "body activated material" tells me this denture isn't a long term one, and those teeth... Otherwise, I'm curious.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's Klinger's boss, who's smiling because he just figured out how to scan the night guard.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
He forgot to check how often the print room's air changed.

So, that guy obviously is the Joker before his industrial accident.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
He forgot to check how often the print room's air changed.

So, that guy obviously is the Joker before his industrial accident.

Or maybe it's similar to monomer, after an hour or so everything is funny....Vollkommenauf[/QUOTE]

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I take that as a no on anyone trying this, thanks for the insights :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I take that as a no on anyone trying this, thanks for the insights :)
I wouldn't right this off just yet. I'm still old school when it comes to my acrylics preferences but keep in mind the speed in which these materials evolve.
We made fun of Mark Jackson's first Bruxir crowns and our skepticism looks downright comical now.
The big players are making these resins for a reason.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It is coming. Faster, cheaper. Faster, cheaper. This will become the normal in a few years and we'll look at relining like we now do rebasing. A technique that has to be taught to anyone under 50.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
There are people under 50?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It is coming. Faster, cheaper. Faster, cheaper. This will become the normal in a few years and we'll look at relining like we now do rebasing. A technique that has to be taught to anyone under 50.
I have relined some really disgusting dentures that had outlived their purpose.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have relined some really disgusting dentures that had outlived their purpose.
Coe Soft and scan, mill, deliver and toss that nasty thing.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Not yet to be released by setember and only on carbon platform, Our carbon printer will be in withing a months.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
It is easier to add quality to something that is already convenient, than it is to make a quality product equally well with convenience.

Its getting faster and cheaper because they are increasing the product's quality.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I am attending a hands-on training session with Carbon/Dentsply Thursday. I will let you know. This has the potential to be a disruptive technology, hoping it lives up to the hype.

Thanks Chris. I doubt it will be disruptive anytime soon , but I like the idea of printing as opposed to milling a denture. When I look at the milling "pucks' and all of the wasted material that will go into the landfill, it just seems wasteful. Then again, the printing material looks to be a temporary one, not one I would use for permanent dentures. Not sure why they would need to change a proven acrylic for this, just print with Lucitone 199 and be done with it ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No offense, but I think its already disrupting. When you have someone with a national radio program, Clark Howard, telling people on his radio show that you soon will be able to get a denture for under $50.. that is defining the market and I think consumers will expect that, whether its quality or not. The consumers are the only driver of the market, not the techs. Its irrelevant what we think. People shop at walmart to buy more with their money, quality isnt even a consideration.

Top Bottom