Going digital

M

miodragdental

Reaction score
Dear colegues i want to buy cad cam system,small lab so it will be entry level desktop mill mainly milling wax ,sintron and zr .
First question to all who have cad cam system,did your work hours are less or the same (becouse i want to buy equipment just to have more time with my family).
Second question any bad or good words on Yena d14-15 ,Ceramill Mikro or Imes 250-240 i(this is the price range i am willing to invest 60k euro) 4 or 5 axe mill.
And third question did they have good accuracy like biger mills.Thanks for your opinion,sorry for my bad english.

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Hi there. We found at first it seemed to take a long time to get the results we wanted, however once you get past that initial learning curve it's fantastic. I can't speak for the milling machines you mentioned, however we're getting amazing results from our wieland zenotec hybrid and medit blue. Go for it, you won't regret it:)

C

charles007

Reaction score
There's so much info on DLN you need read as many posts as possible then ask specific questions. Your question about going digital makes it appear you don't own a scanner ?
As far as working less hours, cad/cam allows you to grow the business, improve consistency, higher productive, lower your cost. I'm assuming you know this and more already ?
I maybe wrong but I think your not fully aware of how going digital changes everything in your lab. Spend time in a few labs with scanners only, and labs with a mill to learn more about what you don't know first before moving forward.
The mills you mentioned are all nice with comparable accuracy, and mill as well as mills costing much more. There are many owners of those mills and posts on DLN that talk about those mills and other great brands of mills.
I think the AG Cermill is the only one that mills sintron ? I maybe wrong ? and Sintron requires an expensive oven. If your going to buy the AG mill because of access to sintron, allow the extra $$ for the oven......maybe the extra cost is worth it if your doing a lot of pfms now and the future ?
Many labs but not all going digital are doing higher percentages of full contour restorations that's growing by the year, and that will also lower your labor/hours. The newer more translucent zirconias/emax is creating a higher demand for full contour restorations. My opinion is yes you could work less hours as improved materials are released and the demand for full contour crowns increases.
(Another item you do not want to skimp on price is an sintering oven..Don't make the same mistake as others on DLN buying the cheapest oven. )
More than anything you need to first decide if you want or need a 5 axis mill for milling large bridges, bars/ implants/abutments, and what materials you plan to mill for sure ! If your only milling wax, pmma and zirconia , any of these mills are fine alone with a long list of other mills. Most importantly you want to have the best support possible for all this new technology your about to purchase. Lastly, don't buy strictly on price alone, and ask other labs who has the worst and best support in your area.
Good luck

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
I own imes icore 250
I use it for zirconia pmma and wax
BEST INVESTMENT IVE EVER MADE!!!
Got my support from CAP dental
All about support....
Very precise no chipping especially with the strategies theyve developed its plug and go

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
There are a lot of mills that will fit your needs. I would reccomend 5 axis for a first mill.
If you are currently outsourcing models buying a system will keep you in the lab longer hours as you will need to do the work that your outsource provider is now doing. If you are producing all the work by hand, the system will save you a lot of time. If you are milling Sintron, make sure the mill manufacturer supports milling dry metal. We have seen the metal grindings getting into the electronics on some mills causing problems.
We have looked a pre sintered CrCo and there is a big difference in quality from manufacturer to manufacturer. I know Sintron is really good and the Mikro has been build to mill it. However it is 4 axis. The downside of 4 axis, you will not be able to mill a very small percentage of cases as a few do require the 5th axis. Most mills today are accurate enough for clinically acceptable work. In fact, most produce better accuracy than what is made by hand in many labs.