Glidewell Inclusive Scanning Abutment Kit for EXOCAD

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I need help trying to match Glidewell's Inclusive Scanning Abutment Kit into my EXOCAD implant library.
Please, any suggestion will be welcome.
Thank you

Bio

image[1].jpg image[4].jpeg
image[1].jpg image[4].jpeg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sure, I can help...

Step One. Throw that kit into garbage.

Step Two. Order Titanium scan markers from us, made by DDG in Spain.

Step Three. Enjoy!

Library is more complete and markers are more accurate. Texture is better for White-Light and requires no scan spray.

You will have complete freedom to send file anywhere you choose. We charge $49 for abutments, and $399 for basic bars.

Maybe Arnie in PA at TruCrown has similar pricing??

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Do you have the model files (DCM) or the material file (DME) ? If so, it can be exported into STL's ...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
exocad does not have dcm.

That is 3shape you are thinking of my friend.

Anyways, the glidwell implant kit for 3shape does not include the bottom interface regardless.

That step is only done at glidewell after you send the case to them.

I suspect the exocad is similar. no?

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Sure, I can help...

Step One. Throw that kit into garbage.

Step Two. Order Titanium scan markers from us, made by DDG in Spain.

Step Three. Enjoy!

Library is more complete and markers are more accurate. Texture is better for White-Light and requires no scan spray.

You will have complete freedom to send file anywhere you choose. We charge $49 for abutments, and $399 for basic bars.

Maybe Arnie in PA at TruCrown has similar pricing??

Step one: Done
Step two: How can I order? (Zimmer 3.5 & 4.5)
Step three: Do you have bases for hybrids? ( Pictured attached )
Step 4: Do I have in my EXO the DDG library for Zimmer?
Step 5: Thank you
image (2).jpg image[1] (2).jpg image[3].jpeg

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Do you have the model files (DCM) or the material file (DME) ? If so, it can be exported into STL's ...
Sorry, but I don't understand your question, Thank you

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Did you really just throw $750 in the trash? Resell that Sh!t and get some money back.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Step one: Done LOL

Step two: How can I order? (Zimmer 3.5 & 4.5) Call 804-285-0777 and ask for Lauren or Meg. They are both good looking and very smart.

Step three: Do you have bases for hybrids? ( Pictured attached ) We can order you as many as you like for cheaper than if you ordered yourself from DDG. If possible, try to order 10 at a time? We have many in stock, but I think we have sent out recently a bunch of Zinger and may be out. Less then One week we get more....

Step 4: Do I have in my EXO the DDG library for Zimmer? Yes.

Step 5: Thank you
No problem.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't understand your question, Thank you

When you bought those scan abutments, Glidewell should've supplied the model files as well. Either by sending you the material (DME) or install via Teamviewer or something similar (for 3shape). Without those files the scan abutments are pretty much useless.

trianglej

trianglej

Reaction score
The Glidewell library is already in the software for 3Shape, at least it shows up as a choice for selection in the Dental Manager version 12.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
If you ever get the Glidewell library on your Exocad could you call someone at Origin and tell them how you did it.
Months have gone by and they still can't do that for me.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Thanks!! *** I'll call tomorrow. I don't know why I had the idea that scanning markers were standard so any brand would work. Jessie from B&D will give a last try to Glidewell's scan abutments on Monday pjd cdt I'll keep you posted, otherwise I will list them on ebay. Of course I'm not trashing $800.00 Parkway, and finally everyone must know this was a bad decision on my part I didn't ask advice from B&D or Glidewell.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Thanks!! *** I'll call tomorrow. I don't know why I had the idea that scanning markers were standard so any brand would work. Jessie from B&D will give a last try to Glidewell's scan abutments on Monday pjd cdt I'll keep you posted, otherwise I will list them on ebay. Of course I'm not trashing $800.00 Parkway, and finally everyone must know this was a bad decision on my part I didn't ask advice from B&D or Glidewell.

Well did Jessie from B&D get this done?

Pete

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
No sorry, Jim called me today and told me that this option will not be available for now, I got a couple of markers from B&D to use the bases that already have and after that I'll go with ***'s offer. I wished CAP had nt-trading and EXO support for the IZIR bridge. Glidewell markers will be up for auction on eBay next week. Any opening offers on DLN? :)

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
No sorry, Jim called me today and told me that this option will not be available for now, I got a couple of markers from B&D to use the bases that already have and after that I'll go with ***'s offer. I wished CAP had nt-trading and EXO support for the IZIR bridge. Glidewell markers will be up for auction on eBay next week. Any opening offers on DLN? :)

That's to bad, was really looking forward to designing my own inclusive abutments for Prima implants. I wanted to use Glidewell for these because they use genuine keystone parts. Like I have said in the past overall I have been happy with B&D but there inability to get this done is disappointing. Still don't know if they can't , won't or don't care to get this done. Well Jessie will be calling me back about this two weeks ago so tomorrow when the phone doesn't ring ill know its him.

Pete

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
exocad files and scan jigs

We do provide these- call me at 888 461 8008 or cell 626 421 2021 DESS-USA Flyer.jpg
DESS-USA Flyer.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
So, what are we looking at here?

Do you sell an exocad library of anti-rotation and non-locking implant interfaces?

OR, is this just used to glue-to-interface that you sell??

Can we make bars, abutments (one piece),and implant bridges?

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
I haven't seen what Glidewell is offering for a library, I'd guess it's probably close to what they do with 3shape, but that can always be worked around. I do not currently have anything that works with Glidewell Scan buttons for exocad, Just haven's had anyone asking for that yet to put the time into making it. I have done ton's of bars from their scan abutments with 3 shape and their usable, If it was up to me I would tell everyone to buy the elos scan bodies. There is a lot of scan bodies out and do need to watch the quality of the scan body. In general I would say any Scan body that you have to spray to get a good scan will be fine for abutments but for bars you have to be very careful not to coat them to much or your fit will be compromised. I do charge more then *** I'm at $550 from an STL file,

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
So, what are we looking at here?

Do you sell an exocad library of anti-rotation and non-locking implant interfaces?

For clarification we provide the Exocad library files at no cost/Free. We will also have them for 3Shape and Dental Wings in about one week.

The Exocad library has all of the files for our scan jigs, screws, analogs, ti base, and internal coping geometry for accurate fit of the zirconia you are going to mill. It is a complete set of files.

If you mean anti-rotation is the same as engaging then yes.

If you mean non-locking implant interface as nonengaging then yes.

OR, is this just used to glue-to-interface that you sell??
Isn't that what glidewell, nt trading, and other providers of ti bases offer only too

Can we make bars, abutments (one piece),and implant bridges?
We do offer the titanium blocks with the interfaces on them to make one piece titanium abutments.
we do not offer bars or implant bridge solutions.
ti bases.jpg

The ti bases are for Nobel, Zimmer, Straumann, Astra, 3i, and several external implants too

We will also be making some of the interfaces in CrCo
You can email or call me anytime at 626 421 2021 and would be more than happy to send you the files but I would prefer to talk to you first since we are not FDA approved on the bases yet and I do not sell them until. If you want to do testing etc that is another story.
ti bases.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
making hybrid-zirconia abutments is not what we are talking about.

Most people want to design bars, bridges, and One piece abutments.

This requires a matching CAD file of the Complete one-piece abutment with the interface ready to be milled.

Lock
or No-Lock (This is how exocad words this, not my idea). Not pre-milled blanks, or glue to pre milled interface.

I am sure there will be a few who only want the pre-milled stuff, and some scan body....but I doubt that will be a big seller for many reason.

This is what exocad is made to do. Bars and abutment designing is now fun and easy, and labs are looking for open solutions for manufacturing. When the implant and bar module is sold to customer, they want to have some fun with it and make a little profit! LOL

Either manufactured in-house, or sent to somewhere like to Arnie (dude above),in PA with his monster DMG machine.

Scott

Last edited: