Exocad Gingiva design

aumc24

aumc24

Reaction score
Hey everyone, would LOVE some help with this issue in EXOCAD.
I am trying to design a flipper for a client and have gone through all the steps to create the case, design the individual teeth, and now into the gingiva design.
Here is the issue... I cannot get the gingiva to NOT go beyond the scan data. Essentially when I design the gingiva flipper the bottom portion of my gingiva is below the jaw scan.

Is there a setting I am missing that restricts this?

The best way to get around this so far is free forming the gingiva and removing it manually with the brush from the bottom up view. But this is both inefficient and not at all accurate.

Any help would be amazing!

P.S. If someone can tell me how to include a picture in here, please let me know and I will share screen shots.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Is the denture base extended outside and beyond the ends of the arch scan?

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
There is a checkmark in free form gingiva that you have to uncheck to go past the scan data

aumc24

aumc24

Reaction score
This is before freeformingis even attempted. And no it is all within the scan data area.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Are you designing this as a “digital waxup”?
If you are, then after you design the gingiva and the waxup is calculated , you’ll have another “free form” step. Go to the”adapt” tab and hit “basal” button. It will adapt it to the tissue.

Last edited:
aumc24

aumc24

Reaction score
Designing this as both a denture for one case and a partial denture as another.

I have not seen the adapt to basal button yet for the gingiva design yet. I have looked all over and have not seen that option.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what version are you using

aumc24

aumc24

Reaction score
3.1 Rijeka with the partial cad module.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
at what stage are you trying to cut the tissue - or freeform it down below the tissue?

if its in the Freeform stage i have to believe this is user ignorance, this whole area should automatically adapt to the tissue area AFTER the freeform unless theres a hole in the scan or a surfboard.

D

Deena8484

Reaction score
Are you talking about the intaglio surface? Its going to stay like that until you create the waxup. once you create the waxup it forms to the model.

Top Bottom