Full Zir anatomy.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Have you tried doing striations on the part to be veneered with porcelain. This will increase the surface area and add mechanical retention on a material that gets no chemical bond with porcelain.

My design preference is the buccal cusp veneer starting just past the place that will keep excursive movements away from the porcelain to Z junction on uppers and all porcelain contact in excursive movements on the lowers. I also like the veneer to go back through the contacts so they can be done in porcelain.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Macron, how long does it take your DWX to mill a single full contour Zr restoration?

E

eddopak

Reaction score
Macron,What CAM software your running on your DWX-50?

Macron Dental Lab

Macron Dental Lab

Reaction score
Macron, how long does it take your DWX to mill a single full contour Zr restoration?

Well some factors are to consider: first like the hight of the part and the disk need to be as close as posible so the tool can have less material to grind on top and botton. Around the part, the radius i use is 0.1 for a cases that doesnt need to be tilt.
overall the time for a single crown using my milling strategy is 15 min for zir and 8 min for wax in a faster feed rate.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
And that seems to be with a high detail milling strategy? Camsoft, right?

Top Bottom