Full Contour Zirconia

M

martintay

Reaction score
Very Nice!

We have been doing mostly cutback on all ant, this was the first larger case we did mono, I am waiting to hear how it goes today.

I think to tell, it needs an inter-oral shot ! I`ve noticed that my early crowns (prior to photo`s after fitting) all looked to "clean" !!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Nice one from today, aside from the Iphone Pics :)
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_IMG_1328_zps05c05660.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_IMG_1335_zpsf6339ad2.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_IMG_1337_zps23019fee.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_IMG_1328_zps05c05660.jpg ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_IMG_1335_zpsf6339ad2.jpg ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_IMG_1337_zps23019fee.jpg

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I think this is something we should all see.
taken from Dentaltown.com
IMG_2518_55539.jpg
IMG_2561_55711.jpg

Sure this does not represent all full contours but i think it highlights how important the use of modifiers are in the incisal 3rd along with consistant colouring around the cervical.

I see what you mean, but to me the shade looks way out. Getting the shade correct would make a big difference.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Only 3 or 4 Shades off!
No idea of the origin. But if this was produced in a US lab it's certainly not good for any of us.
What was written in the post?

M

martintay

Reaction score
Nice one John, is it layered-nice incisal !

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Nice one John, is it layered-nice incisal !

6 ant have a skim coat and very minimal cutback, no body porc just a little enamel.

Simple fast and profitable.

These bigger cases used to be such a big pain in my ass, the computer has allowed what I see in my minds eye to be realized in a much faster more consistent manner.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Very nice work John ! Just think John, several years ago cases like this took many hours waxing, metal finishing, and endless hours stacking and contouring.. We now spend minutes moving a mouse and replacing stain brushes more often.. Our biggest concern now is fighting off the $99.00 BruxZir crown that's always around the corner.

John, do you think the thin wash of enamel helped/worth the extra time ? in other words, do you think the doctor or patient will even notice the difference.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Very nice work John ! Just think John, several years ago cases like this took many hours waxing, metal finishing, and endless hours stacking and contouring.. We now spend minutes moving a mouse and replacing stain brushes more often.. Our biggest concern now is fighting off the $99.00 BruxZir crown that's always around the corner.

John, do you think the thin wash of enamel helped/worth the extra time ? in other words, do you think the doctor or patient will even notice the difference.

Probably not, as we improve our colorization in a mono state its easier to convince our clients that the ZIRCONIA of yesterday is not what it looks like today.

This was this clients first big Zircon case, he is an EMAX guy but this case had a bunch of issues where he wanted something stronger.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Looks great John. What are you using for stain? E-Max stains or GC Luster. We use E-Max stains but I did some testing with GC and thought the color was tons better. Anyway great job!

C

charles007

Reaction score
John, I have one account who likes zirconia- fcz much better than my emax press,.. Are you hearing the same from any doctors? It was quiet a shock to hear that several weeks ago..

GC Lustre is a great product on FCZ ! Did you ever get to try the comparable Wieland Stain Kit on your Zenostar ?
Jensen has a new stain that might be worth a try on FCZ.... InSync zir. porcelain and InSync stain kit.. The stains and porcelain fires at 740 to 760.. Peter Pizzi did a Webinar last week on the material, looks very promising.

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Emax is still king for us but nothing has gained momentum in my lab like FCZ. I thought EMAX was the king of quick market saturation with minimal effort but truthfully Zircon is grabbing a bigger piece of the pie, faster.

Speaking of that anyone else get a packet from IVOCLAR this week on all of their new statement stuffers and promo literature to advertise EMAX.

Looks like they arte feeling/ seeing the trend as well.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Looks great John. What are you using for stain? E-Max stains or GC Luster. We use E-Max stains but I did some testing with GC and thought the color was tons better. Anyway great job!

We use both depending on the shade Shane,

The trick to depth in my opinion is the FLOR glaze from the emax kit

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John, I have one account who likes zirconia- fcz much better than my emax press,.. Are you hearing the same from any doctors? It was quiet a shock to hear that several weeks ago..

GC Lustre is a great product on FCZ ! Did you ever get to try the comparable Wieland Stain Kit on your Zenostar ?
Jensen has a new stain that might be worth a try on FCZ.... InSync zir. porcelain and InSync stain kit.. The stains and porcelain fires at 740 to 760.. Peter Pizzi did a Webinar last week on the material, looks very promising.

I have not purchased/tried the Wieland stain kit, with Ivoclar getting involved now I have been waiting to see what they are going to do.

I think there is no real holy grail of a stain kit to making these things look like a layered crown. Its understanding the products that you are using and exploiting the potential of that product. I think if any of these materials were that much better we all would use it. I can honestly say that given the exact same product I produced 1.5 years ago using the exact same raw materials, today they look drastically better then when we first started.

Like anything else its experience and knowing the limitations.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I have not purchased/tried the Wieland stain kit, with Ivoclar getting involved now I have been waiting to see what they are going to do.

I think there is no real holy grail of a stain kit to making these things look like a layered crown. Its understanding the products that you are using and exploiting the potential of that product. I think if any of these materials were that much better we all would use it. I can honestly say that given the exact same product I produced 1.5 years ago using the exact same raw materials, today they look drastically better then when we first started.

Like anything else its experience and knowing the limitations.

I totally agree... When I'm ready to stain my emax, fcz and cutback zir crowns, I have my Lustre, emax stains and Vita stains armed and ready to use with my assortment of stain brushes.. Heck I need to design my own stain tray.. One of my favorite stain trays is still my old Vita Chrom ceramic tray, and my newer Vita carousel stain tray.. Now I need to order the newer Harvest Dental M.P.F palette lol

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
An FYI on stain trays, Renfert stopped making the tray with 30 small wells. The new line of lay:art trays they came out with will replace. Has 17 wells now. Nicer tray box/cover though. Some old left over stock out there yet maybe.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Emax is still king for us but nothing has gained momentum in my lab like FCZ. I thought EMAX was the king of quick market saturation with minimal effort but truthfully Zircon is grabbing a bigger piece of the pie, faster.

Speaking of that anyone else get a packet from IVOCLAR this week on all of their new statement stuffers and promo literature to advertise EMAX.

Looks like they arte feeling/ seeing the trend as well.

Ya John I got that packet as well, they have to rely somewhat on the labs to push that brand name

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
I really need to post some of our labs Full Zirconia! Which I will next week, makes this stuff you all are posting look silly!! Definitely recommend CAP Zirconia! Best on the market!!!

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
I really need to post some of our labs Full Zirconia! Which I will next week, makes this stuff you all are posting look silly!! Definitely recommend CAP Zirconia! Best on the market!!!

Big words!!! It's always easier to talk the talk rather than walking the walk! Guess we'll see how you walk next week!

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score

Lol this man is higher then giraffe blankity blank