frames for Denturists

jimi

jimi

Reaction score
Hi, I am Jimi in Winnipeg. I have been offering chrome frame to Manitoba, Saskatchewan and North/West Ontario Denturists for 110 dollars. Also PRocess and finish Acrylic work and valplast partials and clasps.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Welcome Jimi...Go Jets

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
The lab I use charges double that! Sometimes I wonder how a lab can make it work. How many hours do you spend on a typical framework?

jimi

jimi

Reaction score
The lab I use charges double that! Sometimes I wonder how a lab can make it work. How many hours do you spend on a typical framework?

20 minutes to blockout, 30 minutes wax and sprue, and 38 minutes to devest, trim and polish. With investing and wait times etc.... it comes to about 4 hours.

jimi

jimi

Reaction score

ok, agreed... i will do your frames for 200 each.;)

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I don't think it is a purely dollars and cents issue. I think that a well designed and produced framework is well worth a few extra dollars....Remakes, rewelds, and repairs can eat up a lot of time and inconvenience the patients. As productivity goes up quality usually suffers ....for example I have yet to see a hamburger from a chain restaurant look like the picture in the menu ...Pics of the work can represent an unrealistic expectation....but can represent potential quality...I may just do my own frameworks....that way if something goes south I can only blame myself...being that partials are becoming more relevant in our business I think we should be doing them at least to the waxup stage...I know a lot will disagree...Our educational institutions should teach to the waxup design rather than drawing on models....If nothing else it can only enhance our appreciation for it all.