Help Wanted Prosthodontist looking for part time lab tech

B

brooksby1

Reaction score
I am an advanced surgical prosthodontist in Sequim, WA in the Pacific northwest. We are about 50 miles north west of Seattle. My current lab technician was a crown and bridge tech and I taught him how to do acrylic work also. He is 84 years old and wants to retire. We have beautiful weather and lots of fishing, hiking, etc in the area. I am also a flight instructor and my employees get to learn to fly for just the cost of gas. If you are looking to semi retire or just work for someone instead of running a business, email me at [email protected].

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What is a "advanced surgical prosthodontist"? I'm sure we are all aware of what a Prosthodontist is, a OMFS, is this the blend of the two or some new MaxilloFacial term? Never heard of it worded that way is why i'm asking. The flying incentive is nice, what you teaching them in?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
What is a "advanced surgical prosthodontist"?
My guess would be a Prosthodontist that places their own implants, but the term 'advanced' is subjective. This without qualifying the OP, since I do not know him/her.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I am also a flight instructor and my employees get to learn to fly for just the cost of gas.
I hope you find someone that suits your needs! Personally, this ⬆️ would do it for me, but I am nowhere close to 'semi' retirement!

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Hope you find someone soon

I got my CPL about a year and a half ago but life got in the way and I haven't been able to fly since then.
I hope to get my CFI,II etc in the next year or so.

Then hopefully I'll be able to finally jump ship although the CFI life seems rough. :)

B

brooksby1

Reaction score
There are three types of prosthodontist. A restorative prosthodontist, a surgical prosthodontist and an advanced surgical prosthodontist. The surgical prosthodontist usually places implants and does all of the other restorative that a restorative prosthodontist does. An advanced surgical prosthodontist also does bone grafts such as sinus lifts, ridge splits, etc. Only 5% of prosthodontists are advanced prosthodontists. Most pros programs are now supposed to be teaching their residents to place implants, but sometimes politics get in the way.

B

brooksby1

Reaction score
What is a "advanced surgical prosthodontist"? I'm sure we are all aware of what a Prosthodontist is, a OMFS, is this the blend of the two or some new MaxilloFacial term? Never heard of it worded that way is why i'm asking. The flying incentive is nice, what you teaching them in?
I teach in a Cherokee 235 a Comanche 250 and a Cessna 310R. If someone wants to do the types of things we do and wants to take advantage of the wonderful weather we have here, it is worth looking at. You do not necessarily need to be nearing retirement.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I hope to retire at 84.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
There are three types of prosthodontist. A restorative prosthodontist, a surgical prosthodontist and an advanced surgical prosthodontist. The surgical prosthodontist usually places implants and does all of the other restorative that a restorative prosthodontist does. An advanced surgical prosthodontist also does bone grafts such as sinus lifts, ridge splits, etc. Only 5% of prosthodontists are advanced prosthodontists. Most pros programs are now supposed to be teaching their residents to place implants, but sometimes politics get in the way.
I have been working with Prosthodontists for the last 25 years + and have not known about these distinctions... Like the saying goes, there is not a day you don't learn something new.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
84 yrs old. Wow.