Favorite Porcelain(s) ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Inline for PFM and Emax for everything else. I use Vita XML master occasionally for the 3D shades I can not convert accurately. Nice to have a PFM and all ceramic with the same build up technique. Same modifiers etc. Inline just looks good. Makes an average techs crown look nice. Just my 2 cents.

Jason

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I thought the new Omega was the best thing since sliced bread... Best opacious dentins and translucent enamels ever made at the time. :)
Synspar, give me a break:) Avante is years ahead, and Zahn will tell you that....
Some techs still love Ceramco :D, other swear by Vita :).... Guess we all see porcelain from different views.
Me, I see porcelain powders as a thing of the past :D

Charles007, The new Omega was debonding clean from the metal. Vita tells me, must be my crucible,torch,technique whatever. End of Dec was not good timing. Switched and never looked back with three levels of dentine opacities and soft enamels without the low fusing nightmares.
You are right about different views though.

corona

corona

Reaction score
using jeneric pentrons : Avante porcelain. Love it . love the modifiers,and the effects . stacks and shapes great.....and here is the real nice thing.....they have vita 3d shades kit you can buy as well.... Pentron knows how to roll with the ceramist! . I also do have vm 13 and use it on anterior work because I like the staining kit . so if a case comes back to tweak.. their akzent stain kit is fantastic . Also just bought a creation cc kit ...dying to break it in but the opportunity really never seems to happen. Thats for pfms . For zirconia ..i was using vm9 but the shades were kinda blah looking ...now im using zirkon zahns ICE ceramic and its pretty darn cherry. theve got great opac. dent. and even this new dynamic dentin to hide that grey dead look zirconia crowns tend to give out . For emax using their porcelain ... like it too.

I actually would probably use vita s porcelain for everything if i had to choose only one porcelain but they are priced out there ! i think they are about 36. bucks for a 12 gram bottle! yeowzerrrs. but it is a cherry porcelain kit overall.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Ddign for pfm such a natural looking ceramic and E-max for all ceramic!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
did you ever look at Inline before you went with DSign Mick?

If so how did they compare.

I was told that Dsign is "brighter" and more suited for younger teeth.

I went with Inline off the bat so never got the chance to see what the difference was.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Hi Paul I've used dSign since it came but before that I used classic V. I've seen a lot of my work in the mouth with lots of different shades! They looked great! Inline looks good also but we don't get many shade changes using DSign!

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
did you ever look at Inline before you went with DSign Mick?.

D.sign was introduced many years before inline. They are significantly different in their make up as I understand. Inline is more of a production porcelain and easier to handle than D.sign. D.dsign is a beautiful porc but somewhat technique sensitive, with an inexperienced tech it can be a challenge ie steam tears ,lift off etc...
I have used d.sign for at least 10 years and have tried several others and I am still with D.sign. I do like Noritake EX3. It is very nice and extremely easy to work with. Creation is also excellent.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
I agree! It's a lovely porcelain!

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
That was my point.

It's not the opaque. I trim ,sandblast and apply the opaque (1 layer).No bubbles in 10 years!

u mean u never do a wash opaque first ? , because i usually do a wash opaque with other companies ... with the paste opaque of noritake u do cover the alloy with one bake of opaque ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
u mean u never do a wash opaque first ? , because i usually do a wash opaque with other companies ... with the paste opaque of noritake u do cover the alloy with one bake of opaque ?

One coat! I like to finish my metal a bit smoother therefore after sandblasting ,the opaque spreads out easier thus allowing for one opaque layer. The secret is to make sure your opaque is dry before firing.

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders Fields

Reaction score
VM9, Vmk master are the top ceramics to use.
In vitapan classical (aka Lumin Vacuum collors) and 3D collors.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
One coat! I like to finish my metal a bit smoother therefore after sandblasting ,the opaque spreads out easier thus allowing for one opaque layer. The secret is to make sure your opaque is dry before firing.

nice , will apply that on next crowns tomorrow :p

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Been using VM13 but recently got a EX3 full kit with the the 3D shades and i must say i am very pleased. I agree with RKM RDT that you can get away with one bake on the opaque it's pretty awesome stuff and insanely easier to handle that's for sure. I have been using VM9 as well but am thinking of going back to Noritake as well since i do recall it was more forgiving and i read somewhere that it has a better bond as well. I do think that Vita shades are great but in VM13 sometimes they grey up a lil more than i would like and it's not as forgiving that's for sure. If you have the time to monkey around with it, it can be very beautiful glass but i find i can get there with EX3 quicker and more consistently. The other porcelain is Emax...emax all day every day lol.

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
I have used so many porcelains the ones i remember are Vita VMK 68, wiliam porcelain, Duceram , Hera Ceram Jelenko, Ceramco IC
I loved Hera Ceram but it got discontinued in north america. Than I started using Ceramco IC its an Ok porcelain easy to handle not much shrinkage.

E max for full Porcelain, for Zr. I use 3G porcelaine from Pentron.

Attachments

• 2013-06-26_11.29.13.png
    2013-06-26_11.29.13.png
    535.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2013-09-19_20.18.44.png
    2013-09-19_20.18.44.png
    871.5 KB · Views: 26
Hary

Hary

Reaction score
WE have to remember the paste is always tricky to dry it looks dry but... the best is hot plate the paste for at least 5 minutes than put it in the furnace with suggested paste opac program.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
WE have to remember the paste is always tricky to dry it looks dry but... the best is hot plate the paste for at least 5 minutes than put it in the furnace with suggested paste opac program.
what kind of hot plate you use ?