Favorite Porcelain(s) ?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Out of all these threads i do not see a favorite porcelain thread!
I dont really see many people raving about any one brand, they all seem to have their ups and downs but there must be an overall top 3 or so. So what is it? What is your favorite porcelain ? popcorn

user name

user name

Reaction score
It was Finesse. Now that its been discontinued I bit on ceramco ic. YUK. Easy to handle, next to no shrinkage, and nice porcelain, but the colors of the opaques are retarded.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Been using Vita for as long as I can remember. I am tied to it for the 3d shades as they are bang on perfect right out of the bottle.

We are interviewing a few right now as Vident in their infinite wisdom discontinued another favorite of ours and raised the price on its successor.

Just got the Inline trial kit after hearing how much Al likes it. We have a few units being stacked this week with the kit I am sure my ceramists are going to bitch that it acts differently than VITA,

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well, for P.F.M. I've only ever used three porcelains, Willceram, IPS Classic (briefly)and d.sign. I have used d.sign since it was introduced and I like it alot. As far as all ceramic veneering porcelains, I have used empress 1, empress 2, eris and now e.max ceram. I like e.max way better than eris. I have a Lavaceram kit I bought to do P.F.Z., but I prefer to use e.max ceram for those. Anybody interested in a Lavaceram kit? I am not sure why but I have never had the issues with d.sign that some people do. Rob

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
John, I do a lot of 3D shades and I have to convert from classic, it is not as predictable as I would like. I have considered buying a vita system just for the 3D shades, which one would you recomend. Rob

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I've been using d.SIGN for 11years. I was going to switch to creation, but I had lunch with Bob Winter and he twisted my arm and gave me one of the impulse kits he was developing with Don Cornell. Now I use e.Max wherever I can use it as my first choice ('cause of the ease!),& d.SIGN everywhere else.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Depends on which way the wind is blowing.....My dsign blew away......as did my workhorse noritake......
Favorite porcelain..... I'll never tell

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Noritake EX3 for my pfms

Czr for my Zirconia( do they still make zirconia?)

Emax for all ceramic.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John, I do a lot of 3D shades and I have to convert from classic, it is not as predictable as I would like. I have considered buying a vita system just for the 3D shades, which one would you recomend. Rob

We use VMK MASTER the successor to VMK 95 which was the successor to VMK68 for all 3d shades. All of these porcelains can be mixed and matched and used together with perfect results.

The ease of hitting shades is the only thing that has kept me from jumping the Vident ship to a cheaper price similar quality porcelain.

We all know that glass is not glass but for the most part the worst porcelain in the hands of a skill tech will look better than the most expensive porcelain in the hands of an average tech. I shoot for in the middle.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I've probably used at least fifty different porcelains and I still don't have a favorite, I guess that sums up my thoughts doesn't it?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Vita for PFM.

I also went from VMK65, to 95, to current blend.

LOVE IT!

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Been using Vita for as long as I can remember. I am tied to it for the 3d shades as they are bang on perfect right out of the bottle.

We are interviewing a few right now as Vident in their infinite wisdom discontinued another favorite of ours and raised the price on its successor.

Just got the Inline trial kit after hearing how much Al likes it. We have a few units being stacked this week with the kit I am sure my ceramists are going to bitch that it acts differently than VITA,

Let us know your verdict on Inline, if i remember correctly Al stated it didnt quite give the correct color intensities (?) but was great to work with.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We picked up the preview kit and it was in an A# shade. We did a couple of units with it this last weak and the chroma was not what we were used to with Vita. We will tinker with it a bit before we give it a final verdict.

O

odchamp

Reaction score
John, what did you decide in the end?

I have got a trial kit which i will try next week of vita vmk master, but i am using inline now, would be nice to get your views.

B

bogdansudor

Reaction score
i use Heraceram Matrix from Hereus Kultzer in the last 5years so is my favorite porcelan

C

charles007

Reaction score
Using Shofu MP... I still can't get over the fact that I'm not having to do so many add-ons. Halo or MP just doesn't lift, pull and tear like most other porcelains do........Price is not bad either being a premium porcelain... must buy direct to get the best price.

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
InLine...easy and consistant
for Zirconia, ZirPress with emax ceram

A

AL1

Reaction score
Charles, how are the shades out of the bottle with the new Shofu.
I tried the previous version, handled great but couldnt get the shades right.
I have been using Creation for years.
It will shrink and is technique sensitive.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Charles, how are the shades out of the bottle with the new Shofu.
I tried the previous version, handled great but couldnt get the shades right.
I have been using Creation for years.
It will shrink and is technique sensitive.

Not really seeing shade problems with MP. Must say Creation shades are dead-on. The only problem I had with Creation was, add-ons with bridges and porcelain pulling at the margin in one spot or two, sometimes. The Universal Liquid helps with with the interproximal add-ons with bridges, probably will help with other porcelains.
I've tried so many porcelains, it really comes downs to what works for you with the techniques you use, be it good or bad techniques.
Also use Vita Master with my 3D shades, and having some lifting at the margins as usual.
I may change to GC after I get back from LMT and start milling zirconia in the very soon. To me, GC is very similar to Creation and Dsign, but not as senitive as either. I see better shades with GC compared to Shofu.

Its all expensive powders, can't wait to mill a monolithic material and throw out my porcelain brushes.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I may change to GC after I get back from LMT and start milling zirconia in the very soon. To me, GC is very similar to Creation and Dsign, but not as senitive as either. I see better shades with GC compared to Shofu.

Its all expensive powders, can't wait to mill a monolithic material and throw out my porcelain brushes.

Charles, you'll be surprised with GC. Its basically layed out just like Creation, its the step child from the same daddy;"Willie Geller". I use it day in and day out.I just did a case using GC Zr, will post pics later. I think you'll love it.

As for the favorite porcelain question...hmmm thats difficult because I have several I use depending on the situation. If I was just starting out I'll have to go with emax ceram and inline, just to keep it simple but comprehensive.