Facepalm cases

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
"Freshly tattooed gums do not look very appetizing, but have a positive effect when the "tattoo" is first healed. Black instead of red gums makes the teeth look much brighter and whiter in contrast. So you have to take the tattoo once in the bag, but can save on bleaching. Whether this trend can also be found outside the tattoo scene, however, remains questionable".

Here's a way to save of bleaching costs. Lol

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the venn diagram containing tattooed people and those who bleach their various orofii i would think contins very marginal (haha) overlap

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Doc, I just wanted to write a note of thanks and appreciation that you understand what happens in the lab and help clinically to make it better. 1 tooth bite regb.jpg
Thanks so awfully much for all the effort you put into getting this bite registration on your RPD patient...

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
IMG_1212.JPG I'm waiting for the Dr to call me back, but in the mean time maybe y'all can help me. I received this to make an interim partial. There's no baseplate just this putty of the old partial tooth side and inside and 2 models. Does anyone know of a technique to do this?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 27638 I'm waiting for the Dr to call me back, but in the mean time maybe y'all can help me. I received this to make an interim partial. There's no baseplate just this putty of the old partial tooth side and inside and 2 models. Does anyone know of a technique to do this?
He gave you the halves to make a duplicate denture. The 'tailpiece' orients the matrices and you can either pack acrylic, pour wax, mix off spec to get runny acrylic and pour that in. Then when that's done, put it on the model use it as your VD and bite reg from the wear indications.

Hope the doc isn't looking for perfect. There's all kinds of ways for this to go wrong. The matrix halves only look like they have one seating/aligning notch, so without (or even with!) great care, the halves could be misaligned causing the interpreted bite to be off in some Bennet movement fashion.

This is one you just know your wax try -in will be wrong. There's not much to do about it.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
He gave you the halves to make a duplicate denture. The 'tailpiece' orients the matrices and you can either pack acrylic, pour wax, mix off spec to get runny acrylic and pour that in. Then when that's done, put it on the model use it as your VD and bite reg from the wear indications.

Hope the doc isn't looking for perfect. There's all kinds of ways for this to go wrong. The matrix halves only look like they have one seating/aligning notch, so without (or even with!) great care, the halves could be misaligned causing the interpreted bite to be off in some Bennet movement fashion.

This is one you just know your wax try -in will be wrong. There's not much to do about it.
He wants a new partial....straight to finish!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
a new lower partial or a new upper complete?

you should know and he should know you cant go straight to finish on a partial this way. this one is worth sending back with a No.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
He wants a new partial....straight to finish!
Can't fix stupid.

See if you can push for a try-in. If he wants no try-in are you in a position you can insist on full charge for a remake?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Can't fix stupid.

See if you can push for a try-in. If he wants no try-in are you in a position you can insist on full charge for a remake?
It's already a remake, we extracted 5 teeth and made a max partial in January. Now he says it's always rocked and pt wasn't happy with his chairside reline. I'm going to make a biterim for him to take a bite and then we're going to do a try in so we don't have to remake it AGAIN!!!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
a new lower partial or a new upper complete?

you should know and he should know you cant go straight to finish on a partial this way. this one is worth sending back with a No.
It's an upper partial, and no I'm not going straight to finish. He's just trying to save chair time, but it's not going to happen.

denttech1960

denttech1960

Reaction score
Received this beauty today. The dentist was extremely sorry about two very poor impressions but the patient is a gagger and extremely low pain tolerances. Which impression should I choose?

Any guess why the patient was a gagger?

Attachments

• IMG_20171012_193820.jpg
    IMG_20171012_193820.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20171012_193842.jpg
    IMG_20171012_193842.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20171012_193907.jpg
    IMG_20171012_193907.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20171012_193918.jpg
    IMG_20171012_193918.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 116
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
play a little game with your dentist, the way Homer played with marge. close your eyes...

ok now open them

kl0vfs5uw0qz.gif

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Received this beauty today. The dentist was extremely sorry about two very poor impressions but the patient is a gagger and extremely low pain tolerances. Which impression should I choose?

Any guess why the patient was a gagger?
I bet he wonders why he has such a high percentage of gaggers.

denttech1960

denttech1960

Reaction score
I bet he wonders why he has such a high percentage of gaggers.
Yes he does and I usually get 2 or 3 impressions for every case. Some are in it for improving their patients mouths and then others are in it for $$$$.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this is a job for multi-units. lol

Top Bottom