Extended time off?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We went to four day work weeks a year ago and it has been amazing. I think the most time I've taken away from the lab in the last 22 years has been 7 working days.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We went to four day work weeks a year ago and it has been amazing. I think the most time I've taken away from the lab in the last 22 years has been 7 working days.
We did this last spring, has been working out great...makes for a long monday-thursday but having three days off every week is nice. As for taking time off, I think a week is the longest I've ever been gone myself.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We did this last spring, has been working out great...makes for a long monday-thursday but having three days off every week is nice. As for taking time off, I think a week is the longest I've ever been gone myself.
I would work four 12 hour days if necessary to get that 3 day weekend every week...actually I am not too far off that :)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I would work four 12 hour days if necessary to get that 3 day weekend every week...actually I am not too far off that :)
I hear ya, about the same and I do come in Fridays once in a great while to catch up on a large case or meetings with contractors on the new building lately but that's pretty rare...I like my Fridays off.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we went to 4 day work weeks a good few years ago. It is a huge help for recharging on 3 day weekends....for the techs that is. i am usually working lol

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Euros get a minimum of 4 weeks vacation, this is to give people a few weeks to try and forget they live in a 15 minute city, and every move they make is on cctv. In fact my sister in law is coming to visit for 5 weeks this summer.. funny how they all want to be here and ask us why we work so much.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I only work 3 1/2 days a week, I can get by on 2 weeks a year and an occasional 3rd.
In other words, I don’t find myself suffering from Riley Syndrome.
:D

In total, I also get 3-4 weeks a year, counting end of year break. But I work waayyy too much in-between the breaks...

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We plan ahead and send out a notice of time off that includes turn-around times for that scheduled time off. If the offices see a conflict, they are welcome to send those cases elsewhere.
If the Fourth of July falls in the middle of the wek, like it does this year, we close for that week for vacation. In our area that is the slowest week of the year for dentistry.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well it’s week 2 of Riley’s sabbatical.
Let’s check in and see how he’s doing.