ExoCAD

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
How does one import scanned files for crowns on both the lower and upper jaw models simultaneously?

Importing files with lower or upper with antagonist is no problem.

I'm using a custom scanner.

Ken

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
How does one import scanned files for crowns on both the lower and upper jaw models simultaneously?

Importing files with lower or upper with antagonist is no problem.

I'm using a custom scanner.

Ken

In the dental data base screen try choosing "registered jaw" under the type of antagonist.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Pete,

Thank you for the response.

I set the antagonist to "registerd jaw" and Im having the problem.

The problem that Im having is when I try to manually load in the scan file in CAD rather than have the scanner automatically load the files. Although Im using a custom scanner I have the same problem with Medit scan files.

Specific description: Restoration setup are crowns for upper and lower simultaneous. Medit scan with automatic loading the scan files into CAD there is no problem. However when I try to manully load the Medit scan files into CAD I have a problem. Appears to something about how the upper and lower files are loaded and the orientation in ExoCAD. I have tried many variations. I have the same problem with the custom scanner.

Manually loading files into CAD for crowns on one jaw with antagonist is no problem.

Interesting problem.

Thank you for your helpful comments and references.

Ken

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Ken, please let me know how you solve this. When I tried to manually add the scans I had the same problem. Only could add one side or the other but not both.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
It can be done but is a real pain in the neck. I have a scan Eco as a back up unit and am unable to load Exo onto it or the thing goes **** up. Anyway its all to do with the file names so you need to know what name Exo gives to upper and lower arches and the individual preps. Once you have the correct names then just scan the upper and lower separately and the individual prep scans and name them all up and place them in the saved exo database file. Also put the upper and lower together, use an elastic band if you have to but make sure they can't move. Now mount them on the scanner so the posterior of the upper and lower is touching the plate/scan base. Now do a scan and save it to the desk top. Go to CAD for you upper/lower case and let it load all your scan files, now turn off wizard and save it so it restart at the same point. Now right click and choose Advanced and select edit/add files and then choose the option to add visualization mesh and click add it will ask you where it is so just click desk top and click the upper and lower file you saved to it. It will introduce the image of your upper and lower together as you scanned it. Click OK. Then right click register mesh and register your master scan of the upper to your visualization scan and do the same for your lower and your preps. Then turn back on Wizard and run as normal from there. Like I said it is a pain but really does only take about 2 min to do. It works great and its the only way I have been able to introduce two arches with restorations on both at the same time. OK my head hurts now, have fun Pete

Last edited:
pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Thanks now my head hurts too! I'll have to save this and read it again before I have a couple of Meyers and Cokes.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

A.jeha

A.jeha

Reaction score
Did u find a way for this problem better than this?? Am stuck in same problem now

E

Elab

Reaction score
Scan with Exoscan. Everything that's not a Prep or Pontic should be labeled Adjacent Tooth, don't label anything Antagonist. Use Registered jaw (without articulator). This allows me to work and design on both arches at the same time.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
If you're using a custom scanner...might need to implement some sort of script to edit the XML (.dentalProject) file telling the Exo software how to handle each scan.

J

Jesus E Herrera

Reaction score
Hi, I am new in this forum but I have the same Scanner problem. I Have Excocad 2013 and I use a custom scanner (NextEngine). I save all in stl and later load lower or upper jaw in Exocad. The problem is when I want to use the antagonist option requires a special name from Exocad (which I read in some notes) to be able to load both impression together but as I don't use Exoscan, I cant find how to name my scans. Does any one can send me an example of a full case with lower/upper jaw, single piece scan and jaws front togehter scan to know how does exocad looks for the specified file name conventions.

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
you have to mark all non prepped teeth as adjacents on both jaws and use the register jaws with out articulator, and your scans will load correctly allowing you to work on both crowns

Top Bottom