Exocad TruSmile, using it ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Every year I pay for TruSmile and never use it Hmmmm2 Anyone using it, and why other than to fool
yourself into thinking you designed a beautiful crown. Laugh

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Didn't they start giving that away through some of the retailers?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I use it only for DX presentation to the patient using 3d PDF or live in my lab.

@ztech my reseller is giving it to their clients for no charge, but I haven't heard of any other resellers doing this.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have it, I don't think Jensen charges for it.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
ive never even looked into it - what's the point of it?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
ive never even looked into it - what's the point of it?
Same reason I polish wax rims and denture/rpd tryins to a high gloss. You're expecting the case, but you need to keep reinforcing the "yea! I'm Getting Awesome Teeth" with the patient until they sign the check.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Pretty much all bisque bake porcelain try-ins go out glazed. If everything goes well, the patient can wear it home. If not, no one is disappointed

doug

doug

Reaction score
No, they are not and I'm losing a great opportunity. We'll see what happens when my license renewal comes. I'd like to print them which means more equipment and the model creator module too.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
No, they are not and I'm losing a great opportunity. We'll see what happens when my license renewal comes. I'd like to print them which means more equipment and the model creator module too.
They don't offer Model Creator module?

doug

doug

Reaction score
I don't know, but I'll certainly need it to print what I need.Got a doc looking at replacing their itero with who knows what, so I see model printing in my future.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've talked with my Jensen rep and Nick. Evidently Jensen doesn't consider the company to be a removables company and they consider splints to fall into that category. When I do a full mouth rehab, part of that is a splint for the patient so they can protect all of that expensive dental work. My guess, since Jensen hasn't figured out how to monitize the splint module, they don't offer it. I think Exocad should require all of their resellers to offer all modules. I've been a loyal Jensen customer since 1989 and this is my only real problem. I can't imagine I'm the only person to ask for it.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I've talked with my Jensen rep and Nick. Evidently Jensen doesn't consider the company to be a removables company and they consider splints to fall into that category. When I do a full mouth rehab, part of that is a splint for the patient so they can protect all of that expensive dental work. My guess, since Jensen hasn't figured out how to monitize the splint module, they don't offer it. I think Exocad should require all of their resellers to offer all modules. I've been a loyal Jensen customer since 1989 and this is my only real problem. I can't imagine I'm the only person to ask for it.

I totally agree with this. I chose AG over Jensen and this played a major part in my decision. I also provide a splint with every case that I do that involves anterior function. It is really nice to be able to scan my restorations spend 10 minutes designing and one click and it's done.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
At which point do you create the splint? I would assume at the end if you're layering porcelain since you don't have the final contour yet?

Top Bottom