ExoCAD 3D Viewer

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
I'm trying to send a 3D pdf file to a doc in order to show him the undercut on his prep. The only way I seem to be able to show the undercuts in colour is with the set insertion axis function. However, when you goto save the scene, it displays the crown in all red. Know what I mean?

Is there a better way to do this? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Just have the model displayed on screen with the undercut prep in place and right click save, it gives you the option to save in a number of different formats, one being pdf, he will get one pdf with two screens, one will show about 6 images and the other will give him a full 360 viewable model. You can set any colour you like and put text in as well. Hope this helps Pete

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Yes, I know how to do it. However, the problem is, the prep does not show the undercut area's in different colours according to how deep the undercut is. I'd like the undercut prep area to show different colours according to how deep the undercut is. That way the doc has no trouble seeing what you are pointing out.

In the set insertion direction screen, you see what says 'undercut visualization (mm)' and it goes from blue to red to signify how deep the undercut is.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
You don't have an option to replicate it via a pdf, so the only thing you can do is right click, view and screen shot. Take 6 or so pics and email them to him or get him to log on via Team-viewer and show him the problem.

All the best

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Screen shots? most easiest and most effective way. Unless you do a recording of your screen via camtasia or any other screen recorder software then send him a small recording. Even with 3shape their 3dViewer does not show undercuts.

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
in windows their is a snipping tool that is really close to a screen shot, but it let you drag a box around area you want instead of the whole screen, it also have a highlighter and you can draw lines around areas you are concerned with. just type snipping in the search area where you choose programs, I think this starts with windows 7 not sure on older versions

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
in windows their is a snipping tool that is really close to a screen shot, but it let you drag a box around area you want instead of the whole screen, it also have a highlighter and you can draw lines around areas you are concerned with. just type snipping in the search area where you choose programs, I think this starts with windows 7 not sure on older versions

Overlooked this has I use this feature everyday to send Docs screen captures of stuff. Introduced in windows 7, here is a download app for windows XP Windows XP Snipping Tool - Download: Windows XP Snipping Tool