envisiontec perfactory

Y

Yellowstone

Reaction score
creaturemaker

Thanks for the update.

I keep thinking the "The Singularity Is Near" and I will be able to figure it all out someday!

Keep posting your updates if anything changes.

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
still no update with the communication issues. Extremely frustrated. Thinking about my other options...

M

M4D

Reaction score
still no update with the communication issues. Extremely frustrated. Thinking about my other options...

The error you are getting indicates a comms problem between the onboard computer and the system board on the machine. It indicates a problem within the machine itself rather than a network comms problem I will take a look at my machine and get back to you.

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
that is extremely kind of you. thank you so much

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
M4D has been helping me offline and has been extremely generous with his time and knowledge. This is my update so far...Success!

The main problem that I have been experiencing is from a dead cmos battery. It is not permitting the BIOS setting to be saved on the internal computer and has been searching for a non existent drive. It is requesting a prompt to circumvent the ghost drive but there has been no way for me to see it until now. Once i proceeded at the prompt the system boots normally and wonderfully.

I have to change the cmos battery but alas it is soldered to the board and I am reluctant, as of now, to fuss with it until i get more technical experience with that sort of thing.

Once the machine was booted I was able to validate the network address and change it. Seems it was outside the permissible ip's for my network. Once i did that I was able to connect once to Perf direct but have never been able to do it since then.

Any ideas?

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
i was able to change my ip address for my network adapter and was able to connect to the machine

S

seretti

Reaction score
Hi Creaturmaker,

I've the same kind of trouble with mine
I understand that you managed to get your machine working without chance the CMOS battery.
Am i all right?
I'm completly stuck with it. System boot impossible...
Could you give my more detail about whay you've done?
Thanks

Marc

M

Miga_structure

Reaction score
Hello there,

Exact same trouble here,
M4D has been helping me offline and has been extremely generous with his time and knowledge. This is my update so far...Success!

The main problem that I have been experiencing is from a dead cmos battery. It is not permitting the BIOS setting to be saved on the internal computer and has been searching for a non existent drive. It is requesting a prompt to circumvent the ghost drive but there has been no way for me to see it until now. Once i proceeded at the prompt the system boots normally and wonderfully.

I have to change the cmos battery but alas it is soldered to the board and I am reluctant, as of now, to fuss with it until i get more technical experience with that sort of thing.

Once the machine was booted I was able to validate the network address and change it. Seems it was outside the permissible ip's for my network. Once i did that I was able to connect once to Perf direct but have never been able to do it since then.

Any ideas?
How did you manage your CMOS battery issue ?
I know it's been a long time, but perhaps someone could help me ?

Top Bottom