envisiontec perfactory

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
Ok, i just purchased a used perfactory that is getting an error:

I am having difficulties connecting with it. It is saying that handshake between system and controller failed! Please check the following Issues: serial connection, pc software release, pc system start!
If check will be without success contact service!

The perfactory direct software I have says its version 2.0.40.512
Copyright 2005

The machines firmware is 2.1.9

Anyone have any insight to this error?

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
also, has anyone heard of envisiontec's transfer of license policy?!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
RIP-OFF! LOL

I give you permission to use the printer.

There....license is transfered.

Go buy resin from 3rd party.

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
yes, well if i get the error fixed then i would be happier. Thanks for the new license btw :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Ping the printer?

go to start....type cmd in search, or click "run" then cmd

in black box, type "ping XX.x.XX.Xx"?? Whatever the printer IP is.

See if you get response. Does printer have current IP? It is set to automatic, or ? All network config correct in the printer?

What version of windows are you running? Sometimes, it is hard to get WIN7 to communicate with older hardware.

My employee, Brad, fixes this for me. I didn't bother to learn what was needed in the Windows 7 config.

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
I am using win7 but I will try that and thanks for the advice.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, are you Michael Westmore Jr. by chance?

If not, then do you know him?

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
I am not Michael Westmore Jr. But yes, i do know him. Why do you ask?

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
How do i Ping the printer if i do not know it's ip. is there a way me to access the network settings in the printer itself. An interface would be helpful if it had one

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
With this.....

awww.robbinstabletennis.com_images_titanium_racket_lg.jpg

I played around with Mike a while back. He loves himself some techno-toys! LOL\

I think he had enough parts to build Four or Five 3d Printers the last time I was there.

I am spending a week or so in L.A (Garden Grove maybe?) in Mid. Nov.

What are you planning on printing?

Scotty

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DLOAC_20trip_P1000841.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DLOAC_20trip_P1000842.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DLOAC_20trip_P1000890.jpg
awww.robbinstabletennis.com_images_titanium_racket_lg.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DLOAC_20trip_P1000841.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DLOAC_20trip_P1000842.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DLOAC_20trip_P1000890.jpg

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have to find my envisiontec stuff. It's been Five years since I had mine.

Maybe you hold down a button to enter configuration mode on the printer display?

There has to be a way to set-up network config from the printer panel.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I found all my software.

I can give it to you. It includes all the manuals.

Software (Situation Code: s.1) [FONT=ONHMF F+ The Sans Semi Bold,The Sans Semi Bold][FONT=ONHMF F+ The Sans Semi Bold,The Sans Semi Bold]The Computer with the Perfactory Direct software module cannot connect to the Perfactory machine via Ethernet. [/FONT][/FONT]Solution [FONT=ONHMF F+ The Sans Semi Bold,The Sans Semi Bold][FONT=ONHMF F+ The Sans Semi Bold,The Sans Semi Bold]1. Look at you network parameters of your PC/ network IP address of the Perfactory should only differ in the last digit. Make sure that the selected IP adress is ONLY for the Perfactory and no other computer in the network has the same. Also, both IP addresses are using the exact gateway submask (ie: 255.255.255.0). The subnet mask numbers should match exactly. 2. Ensure you are using the correct cable to connect the machine: a) Use at least a type Cat 5 cable which is double screened. b) Check that you are using a cross over cable if it is a direct connection between the computer and the Perfactory, or a patch network cable if the Perfactory is on a network. c) The cable length should be smaller than 10 m. 3. Check to make sure that the correct cable use is not defective and fully snaps into the socket at the computer and the Perfactory PC. 4. Try to use the ping command to see the Perfactory machine from the Pre-processing computer: a) Go to "Start" at you windows system (Bottom lefthand corner) b) Select "programs" c) Select "accessories" d) Select "command prompt" e) In the text box type the following at the prompt "ping <ip address of Perfactory machine>" f) After entering the command the PC will try and contact the machine directly. If the response is "destination host unreachable" the test has failed. A positive response will result in the following text appearing "reply from <ip address>: Bytes=32" 5. Make sure that you rebooted the Perfactory or the pre-processing computer after you entered a new IP address or a Submask for the changes to take effect.
[/FONT][/FONT]

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, maybe you have issues internally with the printer?

Check all fuses and power supplies inside...wiggle all connections.

Check all plugs and the switch on the DLP unit. (Projector)

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
i can tell there is communication going on between the perfactory and the computer. I watched the packets go back and forth as i turn on the printer. However the ip's associated are not listed and therefore i cannot use them to connect...

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
I'm sorry. i didnt reply to your question. We print a bunch of stuff. Props, characters, models, etc.

I use an objet, an sla, and trying to use an envisiontec.... but you see how well that is going. Man you change avatars so fast my head hurts.

I will continue to work at it.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The Computer ( and operating system) in the printer has very crude, rough software. (Older envisiontec stuff)

Very sloooow. Sometimes acts weird. It was/is a mystery to me.

Same with 3dsystems projets and older InVision series.

Keep playing around...

Last edited:
C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
I finally found one of two ips that have to be it. i can ping them both. But I cannot connect! Closer!

Y

Yellowstone

Reaction score
creaturemaker

Any updates on your Envisiontec saga?

C

creaturemaker

Reaction score
No, i was recently swamped with side projects. I narrowed down the ip
s i believe but still does not allow me to connect. I am currently saving my money for the re-certification.

Top Bottom