G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm Encode Empowered. Yes it was $10k, but I'm on track to recoup that in increased business in the first year, so...

Did they give you a special cape and onesie?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I'm Encode Empowered. Yes it was $10k, but I'm on track to recoup that in increased business in the first year, so...

Anything to get more work in the lab is never a bad thing. Recouping 10g's to make a model that you still have to pay big bucks for irritates me :)

But its less expensive your way when I factor in shipping from Cali to Fl to robocast the stupid thing

Another thing these bastards should just open up and let us use, I guess as 3rd party milling centeres and in house hybrid abutments are the ones growing these Tier One companies are looking for any way to squeeze a few more sheckles from us.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Try shipping from Ottawa to Fla and back. I think the last one took 2 weeks just for the abutment.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I live less than 100 miles from 3i. How about a week just for robocast? Ground is next day in this shipping zone.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
ok, well what exactly is encode empowered?
I can sit and do LDE's all day and it sure wasn't 10k

i guess it means you can scan the healing cap?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I having fun with the marketing depts and their slogans and am no way commenting on RJ's business plan.

" Trios ready" , Encode empowered , Ivoclar infected,...any others?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Im Empowered. I get the stone cast, digitize, run through model builder, do the designs and done. Abutments are $150 with screw, no robocast fees. Doing plenty per day. Avg. cost out the door is ~$500
ok, I get it... didn't know there was such a thing

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
ok, well what exactly is encode empowered?
I can sit and do LDE's all day and it sure wasn't 10k

i guess it means you can scan the healing cap?

Pour the impression and scan the model. I have the .dme files that let me treat the Encode healing cap like a scan body. I design the abutment, restoration and model all in one step. Usually I get the abutment in about 3 days and the model in 2 (My model printer is down so I'm outsourcing that to Core3D). Works pretty well. Works even better from a digital scan...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Pour the impression and scan the model. I have the .dme files that let me treat the Encode healing cap like a scan body. I design the abutment, restoration and model all in one step. Usually I get the abutment in about 3 days and the model in 2 (My model printer is down so I'm outsourcing that to Core3D). Works pretty well. Works even better from a digital scan...

I suppose you can scan the pt with your Trios.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I suppose you can scan the pt with your Trios.
We've been doing that - my sales rep is pretty proficient with the Trios now. We go into the surgeon's office and do the scan at the time of the torque test. We complete the abutment and restoration and it all shows up at the restorative doc's offce ready for insert. Only problem has been the occasional restorative doc who feels queasy about accepting his/her full fee for simply screwing down the abutment/crown...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
We've been doing that - my sales rep is pretty proficient with the Trios now. We go into the surgeon's office and do the scan at the time of the torque test. We complete the abutment and restoration and it all shows up at the restorative doc's offce ready for insert. Only problem has been the occasional restorative doc who feels queasy about accepting his/her full fee for simply screwing down the abutment/crown...
Least they have a conscious.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
After robocast I place a scan body and design the abutment bottoms as ideally to the contour of the final crown as possible.
When the abutment comes back I scribe around the border and remove stone with a carbide.
There really is no reason to go through the headache of doing soft tissue model. The tissue will conform to the abutment.

Err . . . I am not too sure about that one. Without the benefit of an X-ray of where the actual
bone level is, how thick the soft tissues are around the implant, sometimes the platform
is totally supragingival, then you can be sure.
If the pt starts to hurt when the DDS try to insert the abutment/crown, and now a local anesthetic
is needed to insert, things can get cranky in the room.
And if this was an anterior, you do not design the right emergence profile, finish line level, etc,
someone may have to do alot of adjustments after the fact.
Just saying . . .
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I know of a periodontist who does that using his own eMax milled crown, because cannot stand the cement below the abutment anymore.
However, he sends it telling the DDS this is only a temp . . .
Just to hedge his bets, I suppose.
LCM

Top Bottom