Eclipse resin (specifically the clear)

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to cure the resin in a Triad 2000 VLC unit Dentsply says it will only cure in the Enterra unit (which I have used) The reason for this question is that i have the opportunity to acquire some of the material but i have the triad machine and I am not going to purchase the enterra anytime soon

Last edited:
P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
This will be the shortest thread in the DLN history short answer is no, just tried it bummer

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Do you know the wave length of the light needed to cure the material?
I have a few light curing boxes I have modified to cure different materials just by finding
the proper bulbs.

E

escopche

Reaction score
I think the material needs light and heat to cure. Does the Triad 2000 produce heat? I have the Eclipse system, what a waste!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think the material needs light and heat to cure. Does the Triad 2000 produce heat? I have the Eclipse system, what a waste!
Heat can be added by a projector bulb

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
Dentsply told me that it takes light and heat thus the three halogen bulbs in the enterra unit the triad 2000 has one 250 watt halogen which does produce heat but apparently not enough to cure the eclipse resin i am going to try and acquire an enterra unit somewhere down the road because i really like it for niteguards. I use the triad for baseplates and custom trays

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
escopche you mean for the dentures my old boss had the eclipse denture system paid a boatload for it just never took off with the dentist. What curing unit is used for the eclipse system I imagine it is the same as the enterra when i went to work for him he had already stopped using it so i never got to see the curing unit

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Dentsply told me that it takes light and heat thus the three halogen bulbs in the enterra unit the triad 2000 has one 250 watt halogen which does produce heat but apparently not enough to cure the eclipse resin i am going to try and acquire an enterra unit somewhere down the road because i really like it for niteguards. I use the triad for baseplates and custom trays
Have you tried extra time curing?

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
yeah did 20 minutes in the triad 200 no go

Cory

Cory

Reaction score
From what I've noticed 5 minutes in triad curing unit = 30 seconds in eclipse unit

E

escopche

Reaction score
escopche you mean for the dentures my old boss had the eclipse denture system paid a boatload for it just never took off with the dentist. What curing unit is used for the eclipse system I imagine it is the same as the enterra when i went to work for him he had already stopped using it so i never got to see the curing unit
Yes for dentures it is a PIA. I still use it for nightguards.

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
Thats all that i am interested in the eclipse resin for is nightgurds that is what this thread started about i was the nightguard guy at my last lab (among other things) anyway i guess i will have to try and get a enterra curing unit if i want to make eclipse resin nightguards

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Thats all that i am interested in the eclipse resin for is nightgurds that is what this thread started about i was the nightguard guy at my last lab (among other things) anyway i guess i will have to try and get a enterra curing unit if i want to make eclipse resin nightguards
Shouldn't be that hard. There's a lot of them collecting dust. I hear for night guards it's not a bad method.
I just don't think it was ever enough to displace techniques already in use.
Plus it was expensive back in the day.

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
how long does it take to cure and does it cure completely also are you using dentsply eclipse resin(hate to sound redundant but this is not what dentsply uses to cure) I saw the inside of this unit and it is fluorescent bulbs enterra unit uses halogen

zdental

zdental

Reaction score
It takes 25min under heat and light! We only cure the dentsply clear resin. For the pink stuff it's not the right machine but for the clear it's working perfect!

Cory

Cory

Reaction score
I like the eclipse curing system just for nightguards, and to cure triad material as it cures a custom tray in 30 seconds. but other than that, as someone already mentioned before, for dentures, is not effective enough to replace other methods and techniques already in place. What I'm wondering now is if I could use one of those $99 curing units that TD dental supply sells to cure the clear eclipse resin.

E

escopche

Reaction score
I had a Triad curing unit, it would not cure Eclipse. They do not get hot enough.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Try a tanning lamp/heat lamp. I have one with very wide uv range I use when the standard l/c bulbs from the nail shop that are in my lamp don't cut it.

They use a normal screw base fixture.