E4D

J

jms804

Reaction score
This is my first post. I,m a one person lab doing mostly emax. Is anyone using the E4D to mill emax. Would greatly appreciate some opinions.
Thanks, Jack

C

charles007

Reaction score
Welcome to DLN
Do you mean your Pressing emax now and want to Mill.
If your doing alot of emax with good preps, e4d might be worth checking out.
If your doing alot of emax with good preps, you many want to buy a Scanner only..
I know a lab with a e4d and uses his scanner to scan and design..
No easy answers .. how many units are you doing in a month in emax

J

jms804

Reaction score
At present I'm pressing around sixty units of emax a month.
Recently purchased a 3shape 810 and have been outsourcing wax prints and pressing. Have been looking at different avenues to simplify things , as I mentioned I work by myself.
Also, have wondered if a wax printer or mill to mill wax would be an option.
thanks for your response.
Jack

C

charles007

Reaction score
Jack, if your swamped in case pans and working long hours, Emax cad might be another option to look into.. send scans instead of the labor of pressing..
Or cad on some of your cases.. Unless e4d has changed, you can't do zir with it and would not be a good investment for your lab since you already have a scanner.
If your scanner is paid for, I'm not sure what I would do.. What other types of crowns are your doing, and are you metal free ?
Charles

J

jms804

Reaction score
Not quite metal free, but closing in on it.
Do a few pressed to metal and d.sign to gold on implant cases. Have been doing more and more Full contour Zirconia on 2nd molars.
Thanks so much for your response
Jack

A

Adam9

Reaction score
Hi Jack, I have been using the E4D for over a year now, I mill most of my emax crowns, it works great if the prep is good
The good: the E4D designing software is great, easy and efficient. reliable milling machine
The Bad : you Cant mill zirconia, and you have to scan models using a “Wand” the same one dentists use for the intra-oral scanning

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I think that going with a machine that is more open to different materials and product suppliers is the way to go. What does the e4d mill cost?
As a one man lab, does the scanning open a lot more time for you?

A

Adam9

Reaction score
I have heard that E4D is opening up its closed system,I hope we will be able to receive STL files from different scanners into the E4D CAD software or straight to the milling unit .scanning a model using the e4d scanners is quite easy and quick, with practice you will be able to scan & design a one posterior crown case in 5-10 minutes ! average milling time is 13 minutes. Crystallizing and glazing cycle for emax takes 30 minutes, that gives the possibility to produce a single crown in less than an hour! The e4d lab system cost around $125k.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
at that price don't do it! Read through all the different threads discussing mills and scanner setups. we bought our sirona for $110K Biggest waste of money ever! We could spend less on 3shape or a white light scanner with an origin mill that does metal, z, wax, temps, abutments, and bars or even less money and go with the dwx-50 that has growing fan base with pictures to back up fit and margins from actual cases.
I will say I haven't heard much about the e4d other than that it's just okay. I'd go to where the real life users are raving about their systems and research them to death, stay away from the sales reps!

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
The only reason why you'd want an e4d is for wet milling but for 125k you can get yourself a highly capable wet mill that can do e.max + more, faster and cheaper. Keep looking!

Top Bottom