E-max

R

Rugardave

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We do alot of lith. E-max, etc. What causes the rough surface on the inside of the pressing. At times for some reason the reaction layer is extremely thick and at others not so bad or just the usual. Feathered margins at time have too much layer to precisely seat. Is temp the problem? What does everyone suggest?

Thanks,
Dave

I

Iownmyjob

Reaction score
try dropping your temp a few degrees. It really depends what you are pressing the larger the crown the more heat you need. I have 4 different programs in my furnace for pressing emax and im still trying to get it dialed in, I usually error on the side of a little too warm. I would rather have more reaction layer than a short pressing.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Wow, 4 setting, are you using Ivoclar ovens, I have the ep5000 .
What temps are you using ?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
if you are getting variables between one pressing and another without changing settings then other factors are length of sprue, placement in the ring, and size/type of wax-up.

IE your not supposed to mix veneers with full crowns but how many really take any notice of that.

I mix and match all the time without issues but if i started having random issues then id be looking at those kinda things.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Really I never knew that. I put them all together by shade not what type of restoration. Never had problems.

I do invest seperate when I need different expansion. So for that I use + or - liquid like for inlays vs full crowns.

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We do alot of lith. E-max, etc. What causes the rough surface on the inside of the pressing. At times for some reason the reaction layer is extremely thick and at others not so bad or just the usual. Feathered margins at time have too much layer to precisely seat. Is temp the problem? What does everyone suggest?

Thanks,
Dave

Hello Dave,
I would suggest you calibrate your burnout oven/ ovens. Make sure they are runnning right first, then start dropping the temp on your pressing ovens if you are still getting poor results.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Wow, 4 setting, are you using Ivoclar ovens, I have the ep5000 .
What temps are you using ?

You think 4 is too many? The new Zubler advanced press has I believe 8 different press cycles...one for each: HO,MO,LT,HT, X 2 for both 100 and 200 gm sizes.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
4 four each material i think user.

Top Bottom