E.max value series + opal series

A

a3dl

Reaction score
ok so i have used the opal 2 ingot a few times w/ terrific outcomes in the anterior ( custom shades, matching a 8 to 9). However, I just saw a custome shade in which they have a darker stump shade and i am thinking i want to try and use a value ingot to control the final shade. The stump is ND4 and I want to have a final outcome of Bl3-bl4 (BL 3.5 haha, i know some of your doctors give us these .5 shades). My problem is that i do not have a conversion chart to know if this ingot will mask out the prep shade. What have yall experienced with using these ingots and masking stump shades. And i know that if the material is 1mm thick then i prob be just fine. but it will probably be less than 1mm and more like .75 on labial. PLEASE ADVISE ALL OF YOU ARTISTS OF THE TRADE!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Just my opinion...The value ingots wont get you the brightness you need to start. Depending on the thickness, Id use either a BL 2 or 3. As long as youre going to have at least the .7 with another .2 for an enamel layer, Id say BL-3.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
ok thanks bc i have not yet done any with the value series..but what you are saying is that the value 3 which should be the highest in value still wont be bright enough? thanks for your replies in advance

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
There is an ingot selection guide online at ivoclars website if you dont have the e.max book...

A

a3dl

Reaction score
i have seen their website but I could not find anything relating to stump shades and the impulse series ingots..i have to assume that the value ingots have a better chance of masking out discolored stumps more than the opal..but how dark will they mask w/out trial and error

user name

user name

Reaction score
I think their translucence is between the LT and HT.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I just pressed a case with V2 veneers and coping to go over a Strauman custom abutment. I'll post pics when they get in the mouth. Or I could get some when they are on the natual die material tomorow as well.

doug

doug

Reaction score
If this works there will be an Adobe file of the Impulse material from Ivoclar...enjoy!

Attachments

• IPS+e-max+Press+Impulse.pdf
    345.8 KB · Views: 164
Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
There you go. Nice link! I didn't have time to post pics today anyway. ;)

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
i have seen their website but I could not find anything relating to stump shades and the impulse series ingots..i have to assume that the value ingots have a better chance of masking out discolored stumps more than the opal..but how dark will they mask w/out trial and error

with discolored stumps you definetely do not want to use the opal ingots - they will be much to translucent. The opals work great for veneers with lighter colored stumps. stump #4 isn't the worst case scenario, but regardless, it will still have to be addressed. as you mentioned the value ingots would be the better choice on this case but I think I would go with the LT ingot in shade BL2. i like to go up in value if possible and then shade down if need be. if your restoration has decent thickness (say .8mm) that LT BL2 should work well.

Attachments

• IngotBlock Selection Guide.pdf
    759.5 KB · Views: 80
H

harry1

Reaction score
Any one using Ceramco iC ingots, how do they compare against the eE.max system?

A

a3dl

Reaction score
thanks for all yalls responses

doug

doug

Reaction score
Here's the guide I was looking for the other day.

Attachments

• Impulse Ingot Guide.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 94
user name

user name

Reaction score
Any one using Ceramco iC ingots, how do they compare against the eE.max system?

Two completely different materials. Which is better, apples or paint? They both do their jobs well. The IC is nice for press to metal since it can also be layered, but e.max cant be pressed to metal. Its kind of nice to get rid of metal... If you just want a pressable ingot that you can layer for anterior crowns or veneers, the IC is nice. So are e.max zirpress ingots. So is Authentic.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I have a 1M1 case, should I use a bl3 or V1 ingot, its a light stump shade.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I have a 1M1 case, should I use a bl3 or V1 ingot, its a light stump shade.

Value 2 ingot would work well also. It has a slightly higher value than the Value 1 ingot - i like these for a "strong" A1 or B1. Your 1M1 shade converts over to A1/B1. I prefer to go a little higher in value if possible then have the flexibility to shade down if you need to.

H

harry1

Reaction score
Two completely different materials. Which is better, apples or paint? They both do their jobs well. The IC is nice for press to metal since it can also be layered, but e.max cant be pressed to metal. Its kind of nice to get rid of metal... If you just want a pressable ingot that you can layer for anterior crowns or veneers, the IC is nice. So are e.max zirpress ingots. So is Authentic.

Thanks for the information.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Value 2 ingot would work well also. It has a slightly higher value than the Value 1 ingot - i like these for a "strong" A1 or B1. Your 1M1 shade converts over to A1/B1. I prefer to go a little higher in value if possible then have the flexibility to shade down if you need to.

Sorry sixonice, 1M1 doesn't convert to a A1-B1.......it converts to a BL3 if my memory is correct. You can't raise the value on a LT A1 to a 1M1. (I don't have any V2 ingots yet)
BL3 have worked great in the past for 1M1's, just wondering which ingot, BL3 or V1 might look better. I'm guessing one of the V's would be a better choice ?
Just noticed its a molar, so it will be monolithic.. So the question is, which ingot is better to use if this was a anterior with a layered facial. Would it even matter?

Charles