Denca and Nextdent denture resin reviews.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Nextdent and Denca are the two resin I have to choose from on my Moonray S printer. Im about to make the jump into 3D printed dentures and wanted to see if anyone is currently or previously used these resins. Also I’m a little confused on Nextdent teeth resin. Maybe it's me but they only offer two shades one being bleach shade and the other I assume to stain up to what ever you desire? Lastly does anyone know if the these resins are reline/repairable with self cure acrylic or do they need a special bonding kit? Thanks in advance.

D

Dionix

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Nextdent, but I have been using Dentca and I can report that ProBase by ivoclar bonds great.

J

J.Tech

Reaction score
Is Dentca available outside the US, ie Australia? It seems to be one of the few that have a fairly broad palette of shades?

J

jVerroche

Reaction score
Nextdent and Denca are the two resin I have to choose from on my Moonray S printer. Im about to make the jump into 3D printed dentures and wanted to see if anyone is currently or previously used these resins. Also I’m a little confused on Nextdent teeth resin. Maybe it's me but they only offer two shades one being bleach shade and the other I assume to stain up to what ever you desire? Lastly does anyone know if the these resins are reline/repairable with self cure acrylic or do they need a special bonding kit? Thanks in advance.
Light cure resins by nextdent and dentca are not repairable according to manufacture recommendation. Also these resins are not meant to be used as long term restorations. As @Dionix said probase in its pourable mix or hipa will bond the teeth into the base but the bond isn’t strong enough for a repair

D

Dionix

Reaction score
YMMV but for me it's a strong enough bond to add clasp to dentca acrylic partials.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
YMMV but for me it's a strong enough bond to add clasp to dentca acrylic partials.
As some one who has done repairs with denca how are the esthetics? Are the contrast between the repair area and base noticable? Not just the shade of acrylic but in terms of the two materials meshing evenly. Have you tried using flexible clasp with mechanical retention?

V

VanMan42

Reaction score
I wasn't a huge fan of the dentca materials mostly because I was printing it on a moonray S at the time and just always had failed prints. I switched to nextdent and it has been alright. My issues are the shades could all be a little better IMO. I hate the long mixing times and this material seems to separate much more than any other resins. But I like the MFH more than dentcas teeth resin.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Dentca teeth printed with Asiga.

Attachments

• 939587D1-6FE6-4B4C-BE8A-11BE0092F11F.jpeg
    939587D1-6FE6-4B4C-BE8A-11BE0092F11F.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 36