E-MAX AND Zirconia Glazing

K

kaycy

Reaction score
Hello, Everyone!
I have a quick question about Glazing.
Currently I did it glazing two times for Full Zirconia.
If I do only one time Glazing, It's not shinning well.
which Glazing kit is better for Full Zirconia?
(I use for GC INITIAL for Full Zirconia)
Please Let me know it.
One more Question about EMAX Glazing.
When I dry with Emax, It takes a time for drying a emax crown(about 5min).
I use for IVOCALA VIVADENT EMAX KIT.
ANYBODY HELP ME ABOUT THIS PROBLEMS.
WHAT material is better for EMAX AND ZIRCONIA GLAZING?

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved, and a bump....

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hello, Everyone!
Please Let me know it.
I always do 2 glazes. First is e.max fluoro and any stains needed, followed by a 50/50 mix of InSyc and e.max glaze. First is at 770, second at 750.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I get good results with InSync glaze paste from Jensen & it's only $29 for a four gram tub. I use it on all my Zirc . One application only . teeth 005.JPG

K

KIM

Reaction score
I get good results with InSync glaze paste from Jensen & it's only $29 for a four gram tub. I use it on all my Zirc . One application only . View attachment 21402
Awesome! Have you tried the new InSync Spray Glaze!? Very cool product! Can be used on all materials (ZR,LD,PFM) and can be sprayed directly over your stains, allowing you to do 1 firing for stain and glaze together. It goes on super thin and doesn't slump or puddle......It is exactly the same material as what you use in the jar, just a different medium to apply it....

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I always do 2 glazes. First is e.max fluoro and any stains needed, followed by a 50/50 mix of InSyc and e.max glaze. First is at 770, second at 750.
That's a great tip ,mixing the glaze pastes. I also use the fluo on my emax . I'm going to try that today .:rolleyes:

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Awesome! Have you tried the new InSync Spray Glaze!? Very cool product! Can be used on all materials (ZR,LD,PFM) and can be sprayed directly over your stains, allowing you to do 1 firing for stain and glaze together. It goes on super thin and doesn't slump or puddle......It is exactly the same material as what you use in the jar, just a different medium to apply it....
Ha Ha.... it's funny you mention that, the next order I make from Jensen ,I was going to try the spray. thx Kim ,now I'm excited to use it Five

K

KIM

Reaction score
Ha Ha.... it's funny you mention that, the next order I make from Jensen ,I was going to try the spray. thx Kim ,now I'm excited to use it Five
Awesome! Let me know how it goes! We just did a webinar on it yesterday and should be available as a recording soon for folks that try the Spray Glaze.....

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score

The old e.max glaze required 2 applications (unless you over fired it :cool:). I have not used InSync, but the new 'Ivocolor' glaze works pretty well with just one application. Since it fires at a lower temperature, layered e.max crowns stay where they belong to, means no rounded corners... o_O

Oh, and use "Fluo" on Zirconia crowns, since Zr. doesn't show any fluorescence

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
InSync, one application. I have the spray will try soon.

A

adl

Reaction score
Ivocolor for everything,one firing.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Gc is the better choice. We tried it but our glaze guy like the super glaze paste from talladium. Sometimes one firing but two firings if the texture of the glaze is not right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
InSync Glaze Spray isn't that great, we have tried it many ways and its coverage is poor.
Enamel Lite Fluoresce Spray from Keystone covers same as InSync Glaze Spray(the bottles and spray tips are the exact same)
and they both are poor at glazing FCZs. We'd rate the both out of 10.. a 4 maybe.
EMAX Fluo and stains are the best choice and most dynamic for FCZs. GC colors are good but material is still gritty(Ceramics in material) needs higher temps to smooth them out. InSync has good colors, pulls while applying, white streaks and 2 glaze firings is a down side.
We used to use InSync & Emax Fluo 40/60 to help stretch out the cost of Emax Fluo, but if its not mixed correctly the InSync will cause streaking and pulling.. not worth going back to re glaze.. time is $$$

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We've taken GC to the magical level.

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Hello, Everyone!
Please Let me know it.

The best I have used is Ice 3D stains by Zirkonzahn- amazing stuff. If you want more shine - up your holding time at maximum glaze temp. Especially on big bridges. Zirconia is a bad conductor of heat. http://www.zirkonzahn.com/assets/files/brochueren/EN-Brochure-ICE-Zirkon-3D-Stains-web.pdf

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Our current setup is Ice stains from Zirkonzahn and super glaze paste from talldium. Sometimes a second glaze firing is needed but not all the time. Result are very consistent, as long as the zr is colored properly, then more staining is needed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk