Duraflex

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
I have an old Vaplast system, been shooting tcs and valplast for a very long time but now one of my Drs want to use Duraflex. Does anybody know if i can use my vaplast system to shoot duraflex? or any special kit I need to order... or even better any of the labs here that can do my duraflex partials please send me an email here or at [email protected] with price and turn around time ASAP ( Ahora) lol

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Your setup can handle Duraflex.

Melted viscosity is similar to Nylon (Valplast/ Unbreakable).
Curious why he requests the change.

AaronW12321

AaronW12321

Reaction score
Duraflex is easier to work with chairside/repair/add teeth to. Isn't Valplast a huge pain to work with?

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
Your setup can handle Duraflex.

Melted viscosity is similar to Nylon (Valplast/ Unbreakable).
Curious why he requests the change.
Yeah, she wants to repair or reline chairside. So then 550 F temperature for 11 minutes then just like valplast, Thanks

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Uh...They are both the same in those aspects. Acrylic doesn't stick to either one of them. Someone needs to read over IFU again.

Chair-side???????
Hows that gonna work?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Uh...They are both the same in those aspects. Acrylic doesn't stick to either one of them. Someone needs to read over IFU again.

Chair-side???????
Hows that gonna work?
I've been too busy so I haven't watched it, but there is a video on their site that says supposedly you can add teeth to them.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Duraflex is easier to work with chairside/repair/add teeth to. Isn't Valplast a huge pain to work with?
They both equally work the same.

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I've been too busy so I haven't watched it, but there is a video on their site that says supposedly you can add teeth to them.
You can add teeth to both duraflex and valplast. But I don't see a dentist doing it and especially chairside (or in the back).

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Just be sure before going down a new path you've gone over the particulars and not just glance at a brochure. There are only two FDA thermoplastics that acrylic will bond to, and Nylons or Duraflex aren't on the list.

However a trained technician can add/repair both, but it'll take more skill than self cure.

Relining???? No

Now I think there might have been a silicone soft reline for gun injector that worked for Duraflex, but you know that's temporary fix a flat.

Only "reline" for one of those flexibles is to send back to the lab, flask, reinject..... Essentially make a new one out of old one like denture rebasing .

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Yeah, she wants to repair or reline chairside. So then 550 F temperature for 11 minutes then just like valplast, Thanks
Well read the IFU for Duraflex. They both could have different temperatures and soak times... I'm just letting you know that a manual injection system will work for Duraflex.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I have an old Vaplast system, been shooting tcs and valplast for a very long time but now one of my Drs want to use Duraflex. Does anybody know if i can use my vaplast system to shoot duraflex? or any special kit I need to order... or even better any of the labs here that can do my duraflex partials please send me an email here or at [email protected] with price and turn around time ASAP ( Ahora) lol
Valplast melts at 446 degree. A lot less than nylon type. Same size cartridge so I am not sure why not.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Valplast melts at 446 degree. A lot less than nylon type. Same size cartridge so I am not sure why not.
Valplast is a nylon. Duraflex is a polyolefin. They are two different thermoplastics with different melting temperatures and different/shared properties.

Like PVC and CPVC
Like ABS and HTPE
Plastic, similar, but different.
Forrest Gump GIF by GrayDuckDent

Last edited:
G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for your responses, I will definitely talk to her about doing a reline on the Duraflex... She recently graduated and bought that practice from one of my oldest accounts SO that's the answer right there, jejeje

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for your responses, I will definitely talk to her about doing a reline on the Duraflex... She recently graduated and bought that practice from one of my oldest accounts SO that's the answer right there, jejeje
And while you are Googleing, be aware there is a resin called Reliance DURAflex that IS NOT Myerson Duraflex we commonly discuss here.