Do you include a care instruction sheet?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
When you produce a prosthetic, do you include a care sheet for the patient, or expect that the Doc will do it?

I had always believed that my Docs were all councilling their patients of the care of their RPD's and Dentures, but I found that is not universally true, and that some were unaware of the dangers of Alcohol based products to the material.

I've drafted something and will share it here, just wondered if anyone does this as well.

If you think I've goofed up something in mine, don't be bashful, tell me please.

Attachments

• Teeth Care.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 58
JBSiller

JBSiller

Reaction score
When I worked in a dental office I think the thing we stressed to patients the most was:
Do not smoke with them in. If you must smoke, take the denture or rpd out
Actually take them out at night, do not leave them in permanently.
And lastly if you have soft reline material in them, please wash it.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I was about to read the second part, then I realized I got double vision...damn Listerine, I guess a poured a bit too much Cheers

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no but keep some of these around in case you and the dentist have a falling out.

ULRXA1253.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
no but keep some of these around in case you and the dentist have a falling out.

ULRXA1253.jpg
I know someone who worked at a pharmacy. They had a patient return, very irate, because the medicine was doing him no good at all. It was obviously a fake!

They discovered that the suppositories were being used without unwrapping the foil. ALL future boxes/bottles had the directions to unwrap them as part of the dosing instructions thereafter.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
When I worked in a dental office I think the thing we stressed to patients the most was:
Do not smoke with them in. If you must smoke, take the denture or rpd out
Actually take them out at night, do not leave them in permanently.
And lastly if you have soft reline material in them, please wash it.
I heard about a case a few years ago where a mentally challenged patient had an immediate denture placed and the Dr told her not to take it out until she saw him the next day. She only heard "don't take it out" , she left that denture in for 20 YEARS, the tissue grew around it and it had to be cut out of her mouth.

JBSiller

JBSiller

Reaction score
I heard about a case a few years ago where a mentally challenged patient had an immediate denture placed and the Dr told her not to take it out until she saw him the next day. She only heard "don't take it out" , she left that denture in for 20 YEARS, the tissue grew around it and it had to be cut out of her mouth.

I actually have witnessed this partially. The denture had sutured itself to the scar tissue from the guy smoking and never taking it out. Had to laser cut pieces until it came out, with one of those perio laser things. The underside of the denture with the soft reline material was black. Not 100% sure how i did not throw up that day.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
VroamWow. Mouth hanging wide open jaw on the desk. Wow.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would add what I tell the Pt and Dr: Get a box of magic erasers, they work fantastic on dentures, non-abrasive, removes plaque if you do it daily.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I would add what I tell the Pt and Dr: Get a box of magic erasers, they work fantastic on dentures, non-abrasive, removes plaque if you do it daily.
Good idea, but not something I'd want to tell people generally. I'd be uncomfortable with that. Toothbrush and toothpaste they already know how to use properly, and who knows what is in the magic erasers that is possibly detrimental if ingested.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ha, if you only knew what you ingested on a daily basis..

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ha, if you only knew what you ingested on a daily basis..
Totally agree. But I'm not liable legally to another for what I ingest.

I eat lots of peanut butter and from that have probably eaten a few hairbrushes full of rat hair.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i eat my own fingers.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
New version with some revisions.

Telling them not to wear it when smoking/chewing or dipping tobacco would just never happen out here.
A significant percentage of the licensed healthcare professionals smoke or dip...

It's the country yall.

Any changes I forgot?

Attachments

• Teeth Care.pdf
    33.7 KB · Views: 13
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Good idea, but not something I'd want to tell people generally. I'd be uncomfortable with that. Toothbrush and toothpaste they already know how to use properly, and who knows what is in the magic erasers that is possibly detrimental if ingested.
They have dentures are you sure they know how to use a toothbrush and toothpaste?

Top Bottom