Do you include a care instruction sheet?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
They have dentures are you sure they know how to use a toothbrush and toothpaste?
I don't realistically expect a vast majority of patients to actually do this with regularity, but to those who care, it will let them. I'm fully aware that many who go this path did so from lack of care regarding their natural teeth.

I also know that some people get here from no fault of their own and others who have made Massive Changes in their lives and no longer want an appearance indicitive of a past they've worked hard to make the past.

I know you were joking, but my tailfeathers are out of alignment already and I couldn't leave it be.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I don't realistically expect a vast majority of patients to actually do this with regularity, but to those who care, it will let them. I'm fully aware that many who go this path did so from lack of care regarding their natural teeth.

I also know that some people get here from no fault of their own and others who have made Massive Changes in their lives and no longer want an appearance indicitive of a past they've worked hard to make the past.

I know you were joking, but my tailfeathers are out of alignment already and I couldn't leave it be.
It was a joke. You are right some poor unfortunate souls are doomed to dentures from birth and it is terrible, but more are there by poor choices/habits.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Interesting thought what percent of patients do you think are predisposed to dentures? I would guess under 10%.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Interesting thought what percent of patients do you think are predisposed to dentures? I would guess under 10%.
0% not counting congenital issues.

We attribute many things erroneously. Italian heritage doesn't make you more succeptible to stroke and heart attack. The diet -bread and pasta- does that.

I guess that what I'm getting at here is that no patient is completely removed from the result, but in many cases edentulism is a far kinder option than others such as having a long term chronic non-communicable disease with the only treatments being ones that will adjust the body to a state that is not supportive of tooth health.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There is a Doc I know that came from an area where it was considered by local custom and culture to be perfectly normal, and expected, that by 25 you would have any remaining teeth pulled and get your first set of dentures. Not WV by the way.

micro-culture and folkways have a lot more to do with many things than we usually realize.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
got to admire any denture maker in WV or the appalachian region. he will be a very busy poor person.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
But his dentures wouldn't last long.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Having owned a lab in Charleston for a few years, I can tell you that WV is the land that time forgot. . Meth has overrun the place, but there are some good Drs there. One of my docs had a garage with 45+ cars in it. I dont envy what oral health issues they have to deal with between the meth and tobacco, Im pretty sure its the worst in the nation.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
New version for those that want it.

Attachments

• Teeth Care Ver 2.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom